USAA auto insurance rates not competitive why get a quote?

Clean air & water
Contributor

Member since 1979.  Contrary to the recent commercials, the old days where USAA was hands down the lowest rates and best customer service are gone.  If you aren't getting quotes from other companies you are probably paying too much.  I haven't had USAA auto insurance for 3 or 4 years and have saved a bundle. If they took the millions they spend advertising and put it in our subscriber savings accounts they might be competitive again.

7 REPLIES

@Clean air & water, Thank you for being a member for nearly 40 years and hopefully many more to come. I'm sorry to hear that we aren't your provider of choice for auto insurance. I hope that you will continue to check back with us. Have a great week! ~ Shane

Just left USAA for a substantial savings with better coverage.  Sad, after being with USAA for close to 40 yaers, I left.  USAA is no longer competitive and counts on customer loyalty even thought the cost of their insurance no longer a value and the customer service has gone down the drain.  Replace upper management now!

@Bigbb, we are sad to see you go after 40 years of membership, we understand that members have to make those hard decisions sometimes. We are happy to review your policies for potential savings opportunities in the future by connecting with us via chat on http://USAA.com or by calling 800-531-8722 at anytime. Thank you for sharing. ~Marie

"We are happy to review your policies for potential savings opportunities in the future by connecting with us via chat on http://USAA.com or by calling 800-531-8722 at anytime."

The only problem is there are not many ways to save with USAA. USAA's recommendations are pretty much the same.

1. Take a defensive driving course.

2. Increase your deductibles.

3. Remove PIP/glass protection

4. Remove things like towing, car rental, etc.

Just to name a few.

By that time, your not protected against anything pretty much making your policy useless. Your costs don't even make it worth the effort to purchase a new vehicle these days.

We are happy to review your policies for potential savings opportunities in the future by connecting with us via chat on http://USAA.com or by calling 800-531-8722 at anytime. Thank you for sharing. ~Marie

There are nore more savings.  I did every possible.  I left USAA for a substantial yearly savings including full coverage for a vehicle that was being stored under the USAA policy.

For USAA to turn around, the entire upper management of USAA needs to resign and be replaced immedialty.  However, no way that will ever happen.  What has happened to USAA is an absolute disgrace!

According to what I was told by the executive team they have too many members to truly care for us

Maybe if a majority of members would leave for better rates and customer service, USAA might care.  All they care about now is flashy commercials that truely do not represent what the company has become to attract new customers...I mean suckers.  Just look at all of the posts.  It is an utter disgrace as to what has happened to USAA.  High insurance rates and lousy customer service.  You sure don't see that being shown in their flashy commercials.