I am so frustrated today with my open USAA Auto Claim. So I hit a deer at the end of February and while I was able to get it home that night I could not continue to drive the vehicle. USAA was great in getting me into a rental but the problem started when USAA hired Agero to tow my vehicle to the repair shop. The tow truck sent was not correct for my AWD vehicle and even though the driver was told he needed a flat bed he went ahead and dragged my vehicle with a wheel lift truck. We found out today that this tow damaged my vehicle to over $6000.00 due the a damaged transfer case. I thought that since USAA ordered the tow it would be taken care of by USAA. Today I found out that I have to open a claim with Agero and hope they accept fault. If I ask usaa to repair my vehicle its a new claim new deductible and possible premium increase. Of course I do not want nor can I afford that. It seems pretty cut and dry that agero is at fault but I am also stuck with no vehicle once the original claim repairs are complete and hoping they turn around and agree to fix my vehicle ASAP. They could say no then its me fighting this company that I didn't hire or choose. Or another USAA claim I cannot afford. USAA has been great for my claim they even started getting the ball rolling with Agero. I just think this is terrible position to be in and I had no way of avoiding it. I was at work when the tow truck came and my relative who was present told the tow driver it was an AWD car and the driver pulled up something on his phone saying it was just RWD. The driver argued with me over the phone when I called still telling me that my car is RWD and he had been doing it for so many years. Now I am left with so much anxiety cause of his negligence. I want my vehicle fixed. I don't want to be stuck without transportation in between my original claim and Agero deciding on my complaint. I do not think USAA should leave their member's exposed like this especially if they contract the tow company. I think they should handle the entire claim on my behalf and have Agero reimburse them. I didn't choose any of this. When my USAA claim is over I will be stuck with a car that is still broken due to USAA's choice in towing service. How can I protect myself from a major loss in this transition from USAA to AGero?

8 REPLIES

Hello, @Paperboy410. Thank you for your membership and trust in USAA. This experience is very concerning to read about to say the least, and I certainly understand your position. I assure you that we would not want any member to be left feeling this way about any of our services, including services provided by our partners. Please, bear with me as I engage the appropriate area for further support on this matter. Thank you for hanging in there. ~ Steven

Thanks I just want my car to be repaired once my USAA claim is complete.  I have other maitnence items that I have to budget for. I cannot afford for Agero to tell me no once USAA is no longer involved or string me along.  If someone could listen to the phone call I had today you will see the adjuster did help me by calling agero  he also told me that usaa is washing its hands of the situation. Unless I start a new claim.  He wasn't "sugar coating" the situation  which I do respect but I just do not agree with USAA leaving me this way.  

I appreciate your time ansanything that can be done.

@USAA - I agree with the member here - you engage these third party vendors so you should stand behind their work 100%.  If they mess up, then make it right for the member and then you and the third party vendor hash it out.   Do not penalize members for your choices and any poor decisions on the part of the third party vendors. 

And it is never comforting to hear "this experience is very concerning" - how does this help solve the problem?   It just sounds like the same old, same old rheteric coming from USAA.    

@NSueZ  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It may have helped gain attention to my situation.  I didn't think any member would expect anything less than for USAA to make it right on behalf of thier vendors. Not to mention I choose a USAA network shop to completed the body work.  I tried to make this as easy as possible for all parties. 

I recieved a call from a claims advocate and it sounds like someone outside of my adjuster and agero is going to start digging into the situation.  My current problem is that I believe my vehicle will be complete at the body shop today and now comes the point where I am out in the cold on this. I will have to get it towed to my home. I will also be expected to turn in my rental car. Now comes the burden on family, friends and myself.  I have no idea if I will be reimbursed if I continue to pay for the rental car out of pocket.  I honestly don't want to pay anything to anyone except my deductable. 

Since the date this took place I have been crying to USAA and Agero about how my vehicle was towed. Agero gave me a form asking for pictures and other information on a car they towed away from my posession.  Then made it seem like I'm the one who held the claim up now that the damages have been found.  I havent seen my vehicle since the morning it left on 3/1. Im so lucky I cried enough to have my adjuster agree to have it inspected before I took delivery.  Otherwise where would I be?  Maybe I made it home  and on the drive to work the next day it locks up then it's all on me. 

My advocate seemed geniune in the fact that he's getting involed on my behalf but I was told it may take a couple days to hear back. I honestly don't have a couple of days to wait but I'm out of options.

I am so frustrated today with my open USAA Auto Claim. So I hit a deer at the end of February and while I was able to get it home that night I could not continue to drive the vehicle. USAA was great in getting me into a rental but the problem started when USAA hired Agero to tow my vehicle to the repair shop. The tow truck sent was not correct for my AWD vehicle and even though the driver was told he needed a flat bed he went ahead and dragged my vehicle with a wheel lift truck. We found out today that this tow damaged my vehicle to over $6000.00 due the a damaged transfer case. I thought that since USAA ordered the tow it would be taken care of by USAA. Today I found out that I have to open a claim with Agero and hope they accept fault. If I ask usaa to repair my vehicle its a new claim new deductible and possible premium increase. Of course I do not want nor can I afford that. It seems pretty cut and dry that agero is at fault but I am also stuck with no vehicle once the original claim repairs are complete and hoping they turn around and agree to fix my vehicle ASAP. They could say no then its me fighting this company that I didn't hire or choose. Or another USAA claim I cannot afford. USAA has been great for my claim they even started getting the ball rolling with Agero. I just think this is terrible position to be in and I had no way of avoiding it. I was at work when the tow truck came and my relative who was present told the tow driver it was an AWD car and the driver pulled up something on his phone saying it was just RWD. The driver argued with me over the phone when I called still telling me that my car is RWD and he had been doing it for so many years. Now I am left with so much anxiety cause of his negligence. I want my vehicle fixed. I don't want to be stuck without transportation in between my original claim and Agero deciding on my complaint. I do not think USAA should leave their member's exposed like this especially if they contract the tow company. I think they should handle the entire claim on my behalf and have Agero reimburse them. I didn't choose any of this. When my USAA claim is over I will be stuck with a car that is still broken due to USAA's choice in towing service. How can I protect myself from a major loss in this transition from USAA to AGero?

Hello, @Paperboy410. Thank you for your membership and trust in USAA. This experience is very concerning to read about to say the least, and I certainly understand your position. I assure you that we would not want any member to be left feeling this way about any of our services, including services provided by our partners. Please, bear with me as I engage the appropriate area for further support on this matter. Thank you for hanging in there. ~ Steven

Don't even try using their claim, I had a very frustrating experience regarding the USAA auto claim. Someone hit my car in the parking lot, I saw everything happened and reported the claim right away. Then I went to the service center where I brought my car for an estimate, and received a call back after 2 days saying that USAA will only cover 1 damage in the car and USAA doesn't believe that there are 3 impacts/damages that was dealt towards my car which the other party already admitted it to his insurance that the damages in my car that I was claiming was all his fault. His insurance will cover everything for me instead. I will also going to cancel my contract and insurance towards this company because they don't "TRUST" their customer at all saying it is "impossible" or "it doesn't make sense" that there are 3 separate damages in my car that I am claiming just because he was only parking. I guess that's how USAA appreciate someone's 5yrs of LOYALTY towards their insurance company.

Sorry to hear about your issue.  I'm glad the other insurance company stepped in and did  the right thing.   I had me vehicled towed home be a lawn ornament because I am still waiting to have someone take liability and repair my car.   I honestly cannot belive this is happening.  I used to brag and recommend everyone who is elegible to get usaa.  USAA really allowed thier contractor to damage thier members vehicle and let them string thier member around for over a week.  Agero told USAA that this would take 2 business days it has been a week and they haven't even accepted fault.  Agero has told me that they are leaning towards accepting  fault but they need to make sure my estimate is in line.  So now I see where its going.  Its been a week now they will disagree wiith the  estimate and string it out another week. They will not pay what they think is fair. They will not issue any payment but  I will have to go find another estiamte for them to appriase and approve.  I got my estimate from the dealer who services everything else on my vehicle. I am suddenly have a major repair done at a shop that I have no history with.  I can trust the dealerships 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I'm not going to get that anywhere else and I shouldn't be expected to. My vehicle should be driveable right now. I don't understand why this is still a problem.

U know I see so many people complain about the outreach and community involvment and I used to be so proud to see usaa doing these things. I feel like its impossible for the same company to allow my situation to continue. While my adjuster is nice. She makes me feel like I am taking advantage when I ask to tow my vehicle home or keep a rental car.  Its the fact that USAA is not controlling its vendors. USAA doesn't care unless it's news worthy apparently. What else can I believe after this.