Mr. T 2011
Contributor

I recently switched from Geico to USAA.  Last night, my vehicle would not start so I called Roadside Assistance.  I was told that you can only tow your vehicle for up to 11 miles, any overage, I would have to pay the difference.  Basically, I would have to pay $41.00 for an overage of 8 miles!  Another thing that was irritating, they ask you about 30 questions before they reach a decision to send for a tow company.  I was really shocked at how poor USAA's roadside assistance service is.  Switching back to Geico as soon as possible. 

3 REPLIES

Adrian T,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Roadside Assistance, and please allow us an opportunity to address your concerns.  I have escalated your situation to our team who oversees Roadside claims, and they will be reaching out to you to address your concerns. ~Mike 

Can you escalate an issue before someone wants to switch away from you? I can't get a human to connect with me by phone, or use the website or app. I'm being hung up on by your phone service. I'm cool with high call volumes because of the weather, and cool with waiting, but I need to talk to someone to explain my situation in order to make sure everyone is on the same page.

When they use terms like escalated it means they are ignoring you and hoping you go away.