TheeGovernor
Contributor

I was recently involved in a car accident with a USAA member. Once fault was decided things moved pretty well. But there has been issues along the way. People in USAA commercials claim that USAA understands the day to day lives of the people it serves. USAA failed to give me a rental truck with a hitch so I could take my boat to the lake as my car had a hitch on it. The prices of the rental truck were pretty similar with the rental they gave me instead. They also failed to extend my rental a few days as I was moving to school. The end of the rental period fell around when I had to go to school and get settled. I go to school out of state. Although I am not a member, this was a poor expirience. 

1 REPLY

Hi @TheeGovernor, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. I can tell you that the rental is only good for the repair time of you vehicle only. I was able to locate your claim and I see that it was a total loss claim. As a guideline, rentals for non members are extended 3 days after the total loss settlement offer is made. Even if the offer is not initially accepted, we do not extend rentals past the 3 days. I do show the adjuster has received your updated supports and we are reviewing the total loss figures to determine if any adjustments will be made. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.