Highlighted
Contributor

Very disappointed in the USAA car loan application process & not receiving best advertised rate, and percentage rate. Have excellent credit score, zero debt, and have always rec'd best rates at local banks and car manufacturer finance companies. Rec'd same non competitive insurance quote couple years ago from USAA. Got much better rates for home, & auto from AMICA. USAA products worthy of consideration are very limited! 

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi jill601,

Thank you for reaching out to us in Community. I have asked a bank team member to review this and reach out to further assist. Thank you again.

Highlighted

Thanks Angela. No follow up is required. Just wanted to alert other members of my experience. No need to discuss further.

Highlighted
I bought a new truck last month. Local bank had lower rates.
Highlighted

Just to be curious today, I ran application through Lending Tree Auto Loans,, got three rates

under USAA quote yesterday

Highlighted

Last summer I ran into the same issue.  The dealership was able to get me 1.89% @ BOA. USAA wanted to charge me 2.5% and that was with using the car buying service.  (Which was a quarter point higher than the lowest rate offered on used vehicles at that time).

They also gave me GAP insurance for real cheap to compete with USAA's Total Loss protection.  The choice was a no brainer.