TurboEffed
Contributor
0/3: your service blows

1: printed out the TrueCar cert and went to buy the car from Mazda of Gaithersburg. Took 3 hours of waiting to for the financial guy (watched an entire World Cup game in waiting room). On my way home, 5-10 miles down the road, the tire pressure gauge went on during the hottest day of the year. I returned car immediately because I don’t trust that they didn’t sell me garbage.

2: got a certificate from avis car sales of Washington. Never heard from them.

3: printed out the TrueCar cert and went to buy the car from a darcars of new Carrollton Maryland. The car was listed as automatic but was actually a manual. I walked out less than 5 minutes after arriving.

Your service and the people you work with are garbage. I’ve wasted days trying to buy a car and was forced to leave USAA and TrueCar all together

1 REPLY

This definitely isn't the service experience we want you to have @TurboEffed. I've submitted your feedback regarding the trouble you encountered with the dealers, and someone will be following up with you within 2-5 business days. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. - Cathleen