Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Just had a quick question and thought that this would be the best place to ask it. I have a 07 Nissan 350z that I really love, but recently I the 370z has caught my eye. I'm still paying on my 350z but wanted to know would it be a smart decision would trade up into a 370z??

5 REPLIES

Highlighted
If you want the 370z, you need to sell the other car outright rather than trading it. Dealers rarely give you the true value of a car when you trade it in. Place a free ad on AutoTrader and see what type of offers you receive for the 350z.
Highlighted
What about the amount that I still owe on it?
Highlighted
That would be included in the for sale price. For example, the trade in value for the 350z might be $10K, but the private party value of the vehicle could be $12,750. If you owe $6,000 on the vehicle and sell it for $12k, you would pay $6K to the loan company, and you could use the remaining $6K as a down payment on the 370z. However, using the trade in method you would have less to apply toward the 370z.
Highlighted
Ok that does sound better, thanks for your help!
Highlighted
I was in your situation , I had 350Z and then bought 370Z . In my mind they are the same car. Not much has changed. If you really love the new look there are plenty for sale below 25k with low mileage. If you are a serious Z fan and want something that will become a collectors item or at least turn heads and puts you in the true Porsche /super car class buy a Nismo edition. They are rare and you will always be able to get your money back IF!!! You ever don't love it...