Nas909
Contributor
USAA takes my money for car insurance, mortgage, personal items, life...but they can’t help me out when I need it. My car was declared a total loss and because of my quick thinking to get it out of the wreck yard they quickly gave me a rental car, which I have to have my father drive me around because I still have injuries from the accident (which was not my fault). I am going to the doctor every day, my daughter needs a car seat, it was the July 4th- I haven’t been able to test drive or anything. They won’t extend my rental even two days so I can get my affairs in order. I even got a smaller car than allloted. So let them take the bill for the wrecking yard and wait as long as you can to get them to take your car out of there because once they give you an “offer” for your total loss if you don’t hit the ground running you are out of pocket. After spending thousands and thousands with them and them not willing to spend a couple hundred on me, I am very disappointed and looking at switching all of my business elsewhere.

3 REPLIES

I begged USAA not to "total" my car when it got body damage from an accident with a Lyft driver.  They wouldn't do it for me after 30 years of coverage with them and never having had an "at fault" accident.  I wound up keeping the car and having it repaired and it looks like new no thanks to USAA.  Now I'm having to beg them to pay to replace the windshield after it was damaged by a rock while I was driving on the freeway and they are only approving a small fraction of the cost of the repair.  (shaking my head)  Sorry to read about your experience...this is not the way an insurance company should treat their members.  augh!

I begged USAA not to "total" my car when it got body damage from an accident with a Lyft driver.  They wouldn't do it for me after 30 years of coverage with them and never having had an "at fault" accident.  I wound up keeping the car and having it repaired and it looks like new no thanks to USAA.  Now I'm having to beg them to pay to replace the windshield after it was damaged by a rock while I was driving on the freeway and they are only approving a small fraction of the cost of the repair.  (shaking my head)  Sorry to read about your experience...this is not the way an insurance company should treat their members.  augh!

I’m so sorry for that. Oh, I never got reiumbursed for my windshield repair btw.
And no one is reaching out to me to fix the issues. They will be losing my business. I had a friend who worked there who said they were wonderful, but that was 10+ years ago. I believe times have changed. They sit there and say “I’m sorry” and “I understand” but then don’t resolve anything. You’ve paid them for 30 years! Ridiculous.