Sadly, on November 17, 2020, a young man hit my parked car. It's been deemed a Total Loss.

Once the Total Loss Evaluation had been made is when the problems started. I received the Title Procurement Paperwork from IAA via email on Tuesday, December 8, 2020. Upon review, I noticed that the Net Settlement amount was not correct, as my car had Car Buyer Assistance.

I immediately emailed IAA, explained and asked them to correct the paperwork and resend it. I received no response.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, I used the USAA Claim Communication Center to ask about the discrepancy in Net Settlement amounts. My adjustor assured me that she had notified IAA with the updated settlement amount.

Again, no response from IAA.

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, I called IAA and spoke with a representative who offered to send the corrected documents. She re-sent the incorrect ones. Again, I used the Communications Center to ask a USAA Representative to communicate with IAA. Again, I have not received corrected documents.

It is now nearly 4:0) PM EST on Friday, December 11, 2020, I have yet to receive new Title Procurement documents with the correct Net Settlement.

This is costing me in both time and money. I not only lost my car but now I’m losing time away from work as well as the fact that the Rental Car is due back soon. Due to both my work responsibilities and COVID-19 restrictions, I can only car shop on weekends and Dealerships are not open on Sundays in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey. I also cannot car shop without the Settlement and I have no hopes of receiving it in a timely fashion, despite my best efforts to communicate and keep things on track.

Why is no one responding? This is ridiculous!!!

3 REPLIES

I can understand your frustration if you have not received the documents you need. I am escalating your concerns for further review and hopefully we can get this moving in the right direction for you. Once reviewed someone will be contacting you directly. Thank you. -Cynthia

Moderation Note: Your handle has been modified to comply with the Moderation Guidelines(Opens in new window) 

Welcome to the new USAA.  This version of USAA is nothing like it was in the past.  What has been done to USAA is a disgrace.