Tannie49
Contributor
I came on with USAA over 5 years ago. At that time, they offered an outstanding auto insurance rate. Several years later, I had my first at fault accident. Needless to say, my rates went up tremendously. I was told that it was because I received a ticket for the accident which was not true but I still stuck with USAA despite my outrageous premiums. My husband just bought a new car and when it was added to the policy, my rates went up again to the tune of almost 100.00 more per month. I won’t even mention the fact that my property insurance has been gradually increasing as well. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and decided to shop around. I found the exact same insurance with another carrier for 600.00 less than what USAA charges. Most organizations don’t understand that you must focus on treating your current customers well in order to maintain them because it costs less to keep someone ‘s business than it does to gain new business. I just wanted to add that when I called USAA to tell them about my switch, the representative asked me if the new company pulled my driving record and saw my at fault accident. Instead of focusing on at least trying to keep my business, her concern was whether or not they were following appropriate policies and procedures. Where is all the discounts for having multiple products with USAA? I had to find out the hard way that they only exist because of hidden charges elsewhere.

1 REPLY

@Tannie49, I can certainly understand the need for affordable premiums. I am forwarding your post and information to our subject matter experts for review and handling. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share this experience with us. ~ Shane