Regular Contributor

It's me AGAIN guys,

TWENTY (20) DAYS LATER AND I AM STILL BEGGING USAA TO DO THEIR JOB....

On September 27, 2018, I received a phone call from a claims representative who stated her name was Nina and she would be handling my claim moving forward. She stated that she would email me her contact information, however I have not received her contact information and she never called back to address my concerns.

To say that I am dissatisfied and frustrated is an understatement.

USAA dropped the ball and neglected to send the required documentation to my lienholder to get the letter of guarantee that USAA requires prior to payment. It wasn't until I called my lienholder on September 26, 2018 (nine (9) days later) to follow up did I find out that USAA did NOT send over the information that was requested on September 17, 2018. This lack of urgency by USAA has caused me to be in a rental car for ten (10) days at MY expense. I have made my payments on time EVERY month to USAA via automatic payment and followed EVERY directive of USAA during this claim process. However, USAA has done NOTHING but give me generic responses and failed to follow through repeatedly. USAA failed to send the required documents to my lienholder, which has extended the time that I am paying for a rental. I should not be paying for USAA's negligence and lack of urgency. It is now October and I have another car payment due on a TOTALED VEHICLE. Since being rear ended by a negligent driver, all I have done is put out money and fight with USAA. I have been patient and in constant contact with no success. I am NOT seeking to make money from the accident, I wish to break even, but that's wishful thinking because I am in the NEGATIVE at present and the cost literally goes up daily!

USAA, please do not send me another condescending generic response saying you are 'sorry'. Until you use more tact and action, in the end, sorry is just a word.

DO YOUR JOB, THAT'S ALL I AM ASKING!

Most Helpful
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
1 (855) 411-2372
https://www.consumerfinance.gov
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a U.S. government agency that makes sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Phone: (800) 613-6743
https://www.occ.treas.gov/about/contact-us/general-correspondence/index-contact-us.html

(Note: The OCC is the branch of the FDIC that provides specific oversight over USAA banking based on the way they are chartered.)

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is an independent bureau within the United States Department of the Treasury. The OCC serves to charter, regulate, and supervise all national banks and thrift institutions and the federally licensed branches and agencies of foreign banks in the United States.

Federal Trade Commission / Military Task Force
1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357)
ftc.gov/militarytaskforce
The FTC launched a web page highlighting the work of the agency’s new Military Task Force, which is aimed at identifying the needs of military consumers and developing initiatives to empower servicemembers, veterans, and their families, including through law enforcement actions. The Military Task Force, comprised of a cross-section of agency representatives, is part of the FTC’s ongoing and collaborative effort to provide resources for the military community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
1 (855) 411-2372
https://www.consumerfinance.gov
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a U.S. government agency that makes sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Phone: (800) 613-6743
https://www.occ.treas.gov/about/contact-us/general-correspondence/index-contact-us.html

(Note: The OCC is the branch of the FDIC that provides specific oversight over USAA banking based on the way they are chartered.)

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is an independent bureau within the United States Department of the Treasury. The OCC serves to charter, regulate, and supervise all national banks and thrift institutions and the federally licensed branches and agencies of foreign banks in the United States.

Federal Trade Commission / Military Task Force
1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357)
ftc.gov/militarytaskforce
The FTC launched a web page highlighting the work of the agency’s new Military Task Force, which is aimed at identifying the needs of military consumers and developing initiatives to empower servicemembers, veterans, and their families, including through law enforcement actions. The Military Task Force, comprised of a cross-section of agency representatives, is part of the FTC’s ongoing and collaborative effort to provide resources for the military community.

View solution in original post

@Stand United, We value thoughtful submissions representing a range of views that make their point in a polite and constructive manner. We try to protect discussions from the disruption of repetitive submissions. We ask that you please refrain from multiple posts on the same topic and/or including the same content in multiple posts. As you know, “bumping” content, submitting posts that serve to repeat previous issues and bring them to the top of the forum, violates our guidelines. You can reference our moderation guidelines here: https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/usaa_moderation_guidelines

While it is our intention to avoid banning individuals from our page, if a violation of our guidelines is clear and continues, we will remove the content and block the individual. Given your previous warnings and suspensions, any further violation of our guidelines will result in a permanent ban from our USAA Community.

USAA,

I realize the purpose of this USAA forum is to simply allow USAA to keep all of your dirty laundry in house. USAA is not a member of the BBB so you don’t have the unending list a complaints on this forum going public with the BBB and you are therefore not required to have to respond to each of the thousands of unending complaints.

So USAA creates this Forum to keep the unending list of complaints in house. And your response to me proves that point. You do not want all of these complaints to start going to the CFPB so you think you are shutting me down so you can stay in your little happy internal world with all of your internal complaints.

To further prove that point, yesterday you deleted another member’s post attempting to start a CFPB class action petition and today you are stopping me from advising other members of the CFPB.

And when military members try to speak the Truth on this forum USAA then simply Deletes their Posts or Disconnects the Member from the forum.

I was in the process of bringing my entire CFPB package to a conclusion for final submission but I just wanted to prove the final point to the FCPB that USAA will not allow a military member to advise other military members of the existence of the Federal Consumed Protection Bureau. Thanks for making that final point. I will now go ahead and finalize the submission and USAA will not be able to edit or delete that package.

Stand United
Retired Army Officer
39 Year Member

@USAA   -  I think that if USAA did their job perhaps Stand United wouldn't have the opportunity to post the information that you do not want to see and now consider a violation of your policies.  Stand United provides a service to members and I am sure that members whose problems have not been resolved through the "normal" channels at USAA appreciate his efforts to provide valuable information to them.  If USAA were truly committed to their "mission" and to their members, they would step up to the challenge that Stand United has put forth.  Instead USAA does the opposite.   I applaud Stand United for his efforts and am disappointed, but not surprised, in USAA.   

Thanks NSueZ,

I am in the process of dealing with this entire situation. Stay tuned.

Stand United,

I echo your sentiments!!! USAA has attempted to censor and hush it's members on this site by saying I am sorry and someone will contact you or they move/delete your post.

The truth is they do not care. They have a total disregard for it's members concerns. Their agents lack urgency and their product knowledge is poor which explains why they market the products wrong and hold us accountable for their neglience. However,  their is no accountability within USAA. I have decided that twenty-eight (28) days of fighting with MY insurance company is long enough, I refuse to be the victim of their neglience and ill manners. 

Dear community manager,

If I need a moderator or assistance from USAA, I will ask for it, until then please stay off my post. In fact, I asked for your assistance weeks ago with my claim process but have yet to get a call from management...guess they are tied up, so they send their guard dogs to bark (send threats) on the community message board.  @ Stand United, did not offend me or post anything that was harmful or inaccurate.

@ wrote:

USAA dropped the ball and neglected to send the required documentation to my lienholder to get the letter of guarantee that USAA requires prior to payment. It wasn't until I called my lienholder on September 26, 2018 (nine (9) days later) to follow up did I find out that USAA did NOT send over the information that was requested on September 17, 2018. 

Looks like I've found my people. I'm in the exact same boat. Filed a claim on February 7th. Got a settlement amount on the 12th and was told documents were on the way. Documents never arrived. Come to find out USAA botched the settlement with the lienholder. I actually received more information from the lienholder and the other party's insurance provider (they were at fault) than I did from USAA. Are you kidding me!? USAA is a joke! What am I even paying for?

I've already secured legal representation. I've seen enough of a pattern to know that USAA is acting in bad faith and I really hate being jerked around.

To the USAA rep who will inveitably follow around and try to mitigate this mess, please don't even waste my time. I don't care that you heard my complaint at this point because you have REPEATEDLY demonstrated that you have no intention of providing service.