Self Quarantined (Doctor Highly Suggested) 2 Months Cars Garaged

Highlighted
Contributor

Customer Service or USAA Management,                                                Marc Josephson, 1SG (ret)

I'm a Heart patient with diabetes and was told by my doctor not to leave my house until they call back to continue my treatments. I haven't driven my car in almost 2 months (can be checked with On Star), and may not drive for another month or more. Is there any way I can get my premium back for all the time my car has not left the garage.  

We pay almost $2,000 a year in premiums (customers for decades). We are retired, almost 70 years old, and don't drive much to begin with.  Returning less $60 for not driving at all is less than a drop in the bucket.  We would like to discuss this with someone who can answer honestly and can assist.

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi 1SG J. I hope you and your family are doing well. In the coming weeks, every member with an active auto insurance policy in March 2020 will receive a one-time credit equal to 20% of two months of premiums. Additional communication will be sent out during the last week of April. The credit will be automatically applied to the P&C bill and will appear on the following month’s statement. Members do not have to choose a preference for this to occur. We are also available by phone or chat to further review your policy. To reach an online chat representative please log in your account and go to the specific insurance product page > Contact USAA; however, if this option is not available, we would need to speak with you over the phone. A representative can be reached by phone at 1-800-531-8722 (USAA) or #8722 (USAA) from a cell phone. Thank you. - Nick

Highlighted

Shop around.  You can do way better than USAA's rates.  USAA is not the company they once were.

Highlighted

Boy I am surely sorry to disagree, Sir.

Having been with USAA since my attending USNA over 50 years ago, we hacve NEVER had a company offer insurance cheaper tyhan USAA! They are the BEST at all they do and we will die with them. Go TEAM! USAA

Highlighted

Thank you for the shout out @LCDR Homie #LoveOurMembers =) - Ralph

Highlighted

Have fun overpaying USAA.  I left after 40 years with USAA for a 40% reduction in insurance cost for better coverage.  When the policy renewed, it decreased by 20%.  I hope you enjoy USAA's semi-annual rate increases.