LoyalKY
Contributor

We've had USAA insurance for house, cars, etc., for more than 20 years and mostly been treated quite fairly.  My greatest complaint is that when my Honda Civic  was T-boned by a teen who ran a red light, the claims adjuster insisted USAA had to pay $17K to have the car restored - as the price quoted was less than "book value" of the car.  I was still reeling from my injuries, grateful they were not worse, and did not think to challenge this decision.  When I got the car back, I took it promptly to my Honda dealer, who said it was worth no more than $10,000 - because it had been in a serious accident!  I tried to drive it nearly two years more, worried about the torqued frame's safety,  and ultimately got $6000 in trade for it.  Had the care been "totalled" as it should have been, I could have applied the full value toward a safe, undamaged new  car.

Our Financial Advisor is helping us look into switching to another firm.

1 REPLY

@ LoyalKY, 

Please know that we do not want to lose your loyal and longtime membership.  Also, we appreciate your valuable feedback, and I will be sure to pass your feedback to the appropriate department to better improve member experience.  Thanks~Mike