SHAME ON YOU USAA!!!! 16 YEARS AND YOU DROP ME FOR A "NOT AT FAULT ACCIDENT!!!

AirTroop
Occasional Contributor

So yeah, you dropped me due to 4 "at fault" accidents over the previous 5 years.  This didn't trouble you guys for a year (you just doubled my rates) until I reported a "Not At Fault" accident (someone demolished the front passenger side of my car in a bar parking lot last month).  2 weeks later (that would be today) you send me this crud!!!???

I had called to see if you guys could give me a break on my insurance rates since I was having trouble seeing well at night (I work nights - ALL "At Faults" occured at night, BTW) because I had a recent eye exam and my optomitrist had discovered 4 CONTACT LENSES BURIED BEHIND MY RIGHT EYEBALL!!!  He also found me to have night blindness.  In other words, I FRIGGING COULDN'T SEE - pressure on my right eyeball caused my eyesight to worsen slowly over time, from the contact lenses.  Guess what they told me when I explained this SERIOUS MEDICAL ISSUE TO USAA when I offered to have my optometrist send him his notes and documentation?  "YEAH, THAT'S ABOUT AS EFFECTIVE AS A LETTER TO MY MOM."  End of conversation.  USAA wouldn't even consider a documented medical/optometric DOCTOR'S findings for even, maybe???  A 5% or 10% break?

So then, everthing's cool...until today, when these scammers DROPPED me, citing "AT FAULT" accidents (none all that recent) as the reason, just 2 weeks after my reporting of my NON AT-FAULT HIT AND RUN in a bar parking log!!!

REAL CLASSY. USAA... REAL CLASSY!!!  I'll be warning anybody and EVERYBODY about you guys.  This is HORRID and ABHORRENT!!!

7 REPLIES

Hi @AirTroop, I'm sorry to hear about the decision to non-renew your policy and I'm sorry to hear about the condition with your eyes. We would like to have a member advocate reach out to you regarding your concerns and the decision. Please allow 1-2 business days for them to review your account and give you a call with their findings. Thank you. 

Thanks.

STILL haven't received that promised phone call!  I'm about to send this story (actually, a PSA - Public Service Announcement) out to my thousands of Twitter and Facebook followers.  How DARE USAA drop me because I was a victim of a hit-and-run parking lot accident, then use prior accidents professionally deemed to be caused by a corrected medical (opthamalogical) condition by an experienced, well trained opthamologist and having it brushed off by your agent as his medical records and/or a letter explaining the condition and the successful treatment as being "NO BETTER THAN A LETTER FROM YOUR MOM"!!!!  That insult was almost as bad as the insult of being dropped for claiming a hit-and-run accident... ALMOST... but not quite!

What you guys are doing is absolutely abhorrent to a 16+ year customer with an otherwise squeaky clean record!

If you're gonna call me like you said, then call me...otherwise...the clock is ticking (and I'm pretty TICKED MYSELF if you haven't figured that out yet!).

Thanks.

wrote:

Thanks.

STILL haven't received that promised phone call!  I'm about to send this story (actually, a PSA - Public Service Announcement) out to my thousands of Twitter and Facebook followers.  How DARE USAA drop me because I was a victim of a hit-and-run parking lot accident, then use prior accidents professionally deemed to be caused by a corrected medical (opthamalogical) condition by an experienced, well trained opthamologist and having it brushed off by your agent as his medical records and/or a letter explaining the condition and the successful treatment as being "NO BETTER THAN A LETTER FROM YOUR MOM"!!!!  That insult was almost as bad as the insult of being dropped for claiming a hit-and-run accident... ALMOST... but not quite!

What you guys are doing is absolutely abhorrent to a 16+ year customer with an otherwise squeaky clean record!

If you're gonna call me like you said, then call me...otherwise...the clock is ticking (and I'm pretty TICKED MYSELF if you haven't figured that out yet!).

Thanks.

@air Troop, I understand you are upset that you have not been contacted regarding your concerns. Please accept my apologies. I will be happy to send your post to our team to request a follow up for you. Please be advised we currently do not have representatives available to address your concerns but please be assured your concerns will be reviewed. Thank you. - Rhonda

Okay, so here's the latest.  USAA contacted me yesterday and I did appreciate the call, although, it felt like it was just a call to appease me by asking for my point of view with no commitment on USAA's part as to a possible reversal of their decision to drop me.  As our president says, "We'll see what happens".  I DID inform them I'd already replaced them with Geicko at around the same price I was paying USAA (TRUTH) with the same coverage an equally respected insurance company and the guy told me to just hold off until he got back to me in a day or two.  Truly, I'd rather stay with USAA but I guess that's SORT OF up to them.

So, I get a call from headquarters and was informed that medical facts simply don't matter (I'm sure every other insurance company is the same in this regard) and that, indeed, I was being dropped and would be welcome to apply again after 3 years of accident-free driving.  I informed the representative that it would be a "cold day in he**" since Geico welcomed my biz with open arms and a price within reason in comparison to my current rate with USAA.  16 years of mostly accident free, until very recently, coverage.  Today, I cancelled my firearms coverage with glee.  I'm also considering closing my checking and savings accounts as well as my two credit cards with USAA as well.

Apparently USAA loves you until tragedy hits.  I'm looking forward to building my new relationship with Geico.