k2TN
Contributor

Disgruntled, 30+ year USAA member, whom needs USAA roadside assistance to help me get my Ford f250 6.4 diesel to a "QUALIFIED" mechanic of my choice, not just any mechanic who does basic repairs and doesn't work on Diesel Engines.  USAA's partner Agero for roadside assistance has one ridiculous rule, towing to the nearest repair facility,  even if they do not have the qualifications or ability to service your vehicle.  Really!   I use a Diesel mechanic, 30 miles from where my truck is broken down,  who knows my vehicle and is qualified to perform the service, and it's a $195 tow, out of my pocket.  USAA should listen to their valued customers and explore options to satisfy the needs of their customers, not just provide a cookie cutter solution, USAA deems acceptable.

2 REPLIES

@k2TN, I can understand your frustration with having to have your vehicle towed to an appropriate facility. I am going to escalate your concerns to our roadside management team to review. They will then reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you.

@k2TN, I can understand your frustration with having to have your vehicle towed to an appropriate facility. I am going to escalate your concerns to our roadside management team to review. They will then reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you.