Roadside assistance wait time is unreasonably long and unsafe

help with claim
Contributor

I have had to use roadside assistance 3 times in the past few years. On every occasion, I waited around 2 hours at night even though I was promised a much shorter wait time. As a female, this puts me in a very unsafe predicament. I am currently waiting for roadside assistance. I was quoted 45 minutes. It has now been 2 hours. It is getting dark. I am feeling very nervous I will be unsafe at night and alone and no way to leave. USAA, please change who your outside vendor. They are not of the same caliber and will cause you to loose customers/members. This is an ongoing problem. Do a search on this site, I am not the only person experiencing this. 

2 REPLIES

OnStar roadside assistance service is great. Service personnel are fast and polite. Additionally, by using their mobile app you can control many features on your vehicle from your mobile phone, including lock and unlock the doors, track the location of the vehicle if it is ever stolen, etc. Good Luck.

@ help with claim, 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been waiting for 2 hours.  I just got off the phone with our roadside team and they escalated your case to their command center to expedite your tow.  The command center will be contacting you shortly.  Also, I have escalated your situation to our team who oversees all roadside claims as well.  They will be reaching out to you to address your concerns within 1-2 business day regarding the service portion of your claim.    Thanks~Mike