Sir/Ma'am,
I have been a proud and faithful member of USAA for more than 20 years. In addition, I have promoted the customer service to colleagues, family, and friends. Unfortunately, today has been the absolute worst experience to date. Moreover, the situation has still not been rectified. I am going to summarize but will file a more formal complaint next week. I have been waiting on Road Side Assistance for nearly six hours.

4 REPLIES

@Cvet97- I am sorry to hear a long time member is upset with the service they have received. I am going to make sure we look into your concerns by sharing this post thread with the appropriate area. Thank you. ~Shawna

Good luck with the formal complaint.  Nothing will change.  USAA is not the company it once was.  What has been intentionally done to USAA is a disgrace.

Sadly, this was my experience with their roadside assistance department as well both times I used them. The last time I was forced to pay out of my own pocket to have my car towed 5 miles to myself. At that point in time I was on hour 4 or 5 of my ordeal on waiting for them

Hello, @cyberfx1024. I am going to forward your account with your concerns for review. While I can't provide a specific time, I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response from this area. -Nick