samper
Contributor

My car was totaled due to an accident. The other driver was ticketed and a witness volunteered testimony on my wife's behalf. Reimbursement for my car's value was fair but certainly not enough to replace the vehicle. We needed three more days of car rental before we would have access to our second vehicle. Called USAA and encountered a systematic weakness at USAA. You speak to whomever answers the phone and they don't always take time to review the record. "Gary" said no problem, just pay for the additional days, send a reciept to "Tiffany" and she'll forward to the other Insurance Co who will reimburce you. I just received a response from "Tiffany" telling me that it's that company's policy not to reimburse.  I always felt a special bond between USAA and the insured; I wonder if my trust was misplaced.

Most Helpful

Samper, I can see your point of there being a potential disconnect in information being delivered.  No doubt this will lead to frustration which I see applies in your case, for that I do apologize.  I will request a review of this situation by your adjuster's manager.  Please allow at least a business day for them to review the file and call you back.

View solution in original post

I might add...I was told that reimbursement would exclude the $500 deductable since the other driver was at fault. Although I have yet to receive the check, I'm told that it's on the way BUT it appears that $500 was withheld. It's very confusing and frustrating to receive conflicting messages.

2 REPLIES

Samper, I can see your point of there being a potential disconnect in information being delivered.  No doubt this will lead to frustration which I see applies in your case, for that I do apologize.  I will request a review of this situation by your adjuster's manager.  Please allow at least a business day for them to review the file and call you back.

I might add...I was told that reimbursement would exclude the $500 deductable since the other driver was at fault. Although I have yet to receive the check, I'm told that it's on the way BUT it appears that $500 was withheld. It's very confusing and frustrating to receive conflicting messages.