MaHawkma
Contributor

Hi,

I’ve been a pretty satisfied USAA customer for a long time. First time I had issues with them was my home refinance. Figured that was a fluke so when I decided to purchase a new vehicle I submitted an application to USAA and was immediately pre qualified for the loan.  Called last Friday with the details and was promised I could e sign the documents and that I would have them presently. They never appeared in my account and I figured the document department or whoever has to review them was busy so I didn’t give it much mind till today(over 48 hours from my initial contact). Called in to discuss and the first person I talked to stated the reason I hadn’t seen the docs was related to the payment method I had selected. Got off the phone and called to confirm I could have the check directly delivered to me and then call them back.  On the second call, the person I was speaking with tried to get the docs to show in my account until she realized what state I am in. It was they informed me that the docs would need an actual signature and that they had been sent out on Friday via FedEx.  I informed them that I hadn’t received them yet and was informed if I hadn’t received them by tomorrow, to call back in.  Honestly, I am severly disappointed with USAA and am seriously considering pulling all my financial services with them to local providers. Anyway, this is just very disappointing.  Anyone else have any issues recently with getting a car loan approved through them?

Tags (1)

11 REPLIES

@MaHawkma, I'm saddened to learn that your loan experience has been disappointing. We certainly don't want to lose your business. I'll share your experience with the appropriate team for review. ~DC

I’d like to not to do business with USAA either as I’ve been using your services for a long time but my experiences as of late have been sub par. I’m to the point where I’d rather be able to deal with someone locally. I’m looking into local options atm to complete this loan and possibly move my banking. 

There is always more BS at the top. Lies

Loan documents didn’t show up today and I had the seller call me today asking what the heck was going on. Had to tell them my bank couldn’t get the documents to me to sign. Called again today and apparently they haven’t even been sent yet. Going to apply for a loan tomorrow through a local credit union so it appears USAA is losing my business. 

@MaHawkma, I'm sorry to hear this. Thank you for providing this update, I will have this additional information submitted on your behalf. ~ Sam 

I’m sorry too. Don’t know what’s been going on but it seems things have been going downhill the last few years have USAA.

8 year member ...SO WHAT.
ON THE FIRST OF APRIL I WILL NO LONGER TAKE THE ABUSE FROM USAA AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
IN 8 YEARS USAA HAS HELPED ME AND MY FAMILY NOT ONCE EVEN WHEN I WAS STRANDED...THEY TOLD ME GET AA*P OR AA*. APPLIED FOR CAR LOAN THEY REFUSED. 30 MINUTES LATER APPROVED BY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTION. USAA IN MY OPINION IS A FLUKE WITH ALL THE BS TV ADS. GET OUT WHILE YOUR IN GOOD STANDING. ^j^

Welcome to the USAA run by Stuart Parker.

I used to enjoy the ads USAA runs; now, I cringe every time I see one.  It is sad to see how a once great company now treats its members.