Poor Road Side Assistance Service on 3/15/2021

On 3/15/2021 I requested road side towing assistance at 5PM CST.  The test message provide an online ETA of 90 minutes.  Once the estimated 90 minutes had passed I refreshed the application to find that it had ADDED another 45 minutes.  At this time I received a ride back to my residence to start some school work that I need to accomplish.  5 minutes after returning home (which only 3 minutes away) I refreshed the page once again and the web link indicated that the tow truck was on site.  I hurried back to its location (again 3 minutes away) and saw no tow truck on site.  I then called a USAA representative and they kindly informed me that the tow truck saw no drive and left.  I then waited ANOTHER 40 minutes and finally received a phone call from the tow truck driver indicating that they were parked next to a car that looked like mine but was in the back lot of the building - in the wrong location.  He ended up driving to the front and loaded my vehicle and took it to the designated location.  The total time involved was nearly 4 hours.  (5-9pm CST in Manhattan KS) for a simple roadside assistance call.  Admittedly, the USAA representative was very nice and understanding. However I am troubled that a call from a large college town such as Manhattan KS for roadside assitance would take between 1.5-2.25 hrs to arrive for a roadside assistance call.  Additionally there was significant confusion with the online tracking system used by USAA and the lack of communication with the tow truck operator further delayed my sitution.  My experience was not favorable and does not reflect well on the professionalism and standards of excellent I have come to expect from my USAA membership. 

If you wish to discuss this further I can be reached at XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com or phone XXX-XXX-XXXX

Respectfully;

Jacob Dxxxxxx

*Moderator Note: This post has been edited to remove personal identifying information. 

1 REPLY

@Jacob D- Hi, thank you for reaching out to us about your recent experience on 3/15/21, Jacob. We certainly want to provide accurate information, waiting for a tow is never fun, so I can understand wanting accurate ETA information. I will be sure to share your post thread for additional review and assistance. ~Shawna