Black Cat Too
Occasional Contributor

My car was declared a total loss by USAA after an accident. On Monday morning I was told my settlement check would be here by FED EX within 24 to 48 hours. It is now 48 hours and no check. I have no car to get to work. There is no public transportation that goes to my work place. I can't survive without my paycheck. I was able to borrow a car from a friend but it had to be returned Monday.  I spent three days off work already looking for a car I could afford and found one but the used car lot will no longer hold it for me. WHY? WHY? would USAA do that to anyone. FED EX can get a package to almost anywhere in the world within 24 hours. I always thought USAA was the best and told everyone about it. Now I don't have a car to go find a used car. I have no idea what I am going to do. 

5 REPLIES

@Black Cat Too, I asked the claims service manager to follow up with you regarding your check status.  Thanks ~ Robert.

How dare USAA. I have been with you for over 30 years insuring both my home and my car. This is the first and only claim I have ever made on either my house or my car insurance. I just found an email saying the check would be here within 3 to 5 days. How can you do that. I am 75 years old. I do not have a car. I have no more time left to call off on my job because I used it all finding a car that I have now lost because of you. So go ahead, Robert, and do your checking. But it won't do any good. USAA lied to me on the phone about when the check would arrive. How can you do that to a 30 year customer?

They do this to everyone, just happened to me almost exactly.  I would find another company to use ASAP.  They say they'll have a manager contact you but dont hold your breath!  They believe if they ignore the problems it'll go away.  I hope enough people complain that the company either fires everyone in charge and restarts, or they go under.  Treating military members and there families like this is ridiculous, especially when their motto is we know what it means to serve.  YEAH RIGHT!   

This happened to us too.  I've been waiting for over 3 weeks for our settlement check after we were told 24-48 hours.  It's absolutely unacceptable.  And the fact that there is nobody to complain to or a supervisor to speak to and we have to take our issues to this open forum is another example of poor service.

Hi @jlovesb, I show that a payment has been requested and you should receive the direct deposit within 2-3 business days. We do apologize for the delay and please let us know if there is anything further we can help you with.