chrisnjen
Contributor

We have a car that was in an accident and USAA and it's adjustors determined that the car was worth repairing.  A check was cut on April 18.  For some reason, the auto body shop did not receive the check and called USAA.  After this, apparently someone else reviewed the claim and determined the car a total loss.  I only learned of this AFTER I received an email demanding that I sign the title over.  My husband and I have repeatedly called to find out what exactly changed the determination and the last person I spoke with in Total Loss (Mike) only RUDELY cited that USAA reserves the right to do whatever they want and didn't answer my questions at all.  The bottom line is that the math doesn't add up to determine the car as a total loss.  The cost of the repairs are around 10,500 and the value is around 19,000.  We have even gone so far as to have an attorney send a letter to USAA on May 14 but have YET to receive a response.  The only thing that has happened is representatives from Copart have been calling us trying to get us to sign over the title.  (By the way, the car has multiple after-market additions which should actually bump up the value to between 30,000-40,000.  Perhaps Copart has seen the pictures and they know there's a lot of money to be made?)  My dad has been a USAA member for over 50 years.  I have been a member for over 20.  At one point I was told it was irrelevant if we have been members for 80.  We are all entirely disillusioned and severely disappointed with USAA.  It feels as though our insurance company who claims to care about us is actually just looking to make a ridiculous profit off of us. 

1 REPLY

@chrisnjen,

It’s disheartening to hear about your claim experience, and please know that it is never our intent for you to feel disappointed with our service.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I've escalated your situation to a member of management who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks -Mike