NeglectedCustomer
Contributor

I've been treated terrible by USAA Claims and Investigation for a hit-and-run I reported 2 weeks ago. To this day (2 weeks from reporting loss on 9/24) I have not been offered any details (a rental car, decision on my deductable, etc.) or had any conversation with my adjuster. I was just vistied by an "investigator" last Thursday (10/4) who attempted to use intimidation and baiting tactics to stress me out. I'm not on trial, nor have I comitted any crime, and yet I was being interrogated by a USAA claims representative. 

I'm appauled by the utter lack of professionalism and business conduct this "insurance" company has been operating by. I've been ping-ponged to TWO different "adjusters" (haven't had a single word with either of them) and spoken in-person with this "investigator". My car was towed on 09/24 to a shop, which was then towed to another shop. I've been receiving text message updates from the Auto Repair shop informing me that my car will be fixed and completed on 10/22, and yet, my insurance adjustment and "investigation" has not yet been concluded. That is not right. My vehicle should not be repaired for damages amounting to nearly $7,000, according to the auto shops quote, before I'm told what my insurance will cover. That is an unacceptable way to conduct business.

I've been a USAA Memeber for 6 years, never reported a claim, never received any tickets/violations, etc. and the ONE time I need to count on USAA to be there for me, they completely drop the ball. I've advocated for this insurance company. I've given nothing but high praise for USAA. I thought I was taken care of and appreciated. It's an absolute slap to the face to find out that I've been promoting a company that could care less about my loyalty and commitment at a moment when I needed them most. My grandparents are rolling in their graves knowing that this "exclusive" insurance company, supposedly here for vetrans and their families, is a sham and gimmic. I'll be seperating from USAA as soon as my renewal comes up. This is no way for any person to experience their first ever insurance claim. Unacceptable. 

5 REPLIES

@ NeglectedCustomer,

Please know that it is never our intent for you to feel this way when you file a claim.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks~ Mike

Well, Mike, I appreciate the sentiment -- but I don't expect to hear back from anyone on your end. I've already been in line to speak with the supervisor of the investigator for 2 business days. Like many others in this forum, I've come to accept that this company has failed me.

You shouldn't have to wait for renewal to switch. I would wait to get your situation sorted out and then move on. If you have paid in full, they should pro-rate reimburse you for your premium payments. Just throwing that out there.

Does that actually work? Cause I'd love to get out of here as soon as possible.

It does....