Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

and USAA decides to use my policy to get my deductible?

What happened to the company that I used to know and love?

I hear that Geico is really nice these days.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

This is what USAA said:

"

Hello Mr. Father, I do see that a claim was also filed under son's USAA policy, however that claim is closed as the claim cannot be processed under that policy.  You cannot be liable to yourself, meaning you cannot use the Property Damage Liability coverage for vehicles that you own.  You are listed as owner of the 2004 Toyota Tacoma and as co-owner of the 2020 Kia Sportage.  As such, the claim must be filed through your policy under the Collision coverage and Rental Reimbursement coverage which are considered first-party coverages.  If you'd like to further discuss this matter with your adjuster, please let us know.  We can set a request for your adjuster to contact you directly.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  Thank you for your membership with USAA."

The funny thing, I am owner of neither vehicle.

USAA accepted my son's ownership when they spun out his memebership from mine when he turned 18.

Highlighted

Cheri, the claim's manager called me today.

They are reverting back to my son's policy and sending the deductible payment to the shop that did the repair.

I am happy with USAA today. Sad that it took more than a week with a couple of hours each day to get to this point.

Highlighted

@Grendel2  I can understand how frustrating this was. I'm glad we were able to address your concerns. Thank you for trusting USAA.