It is dangerous to rely on USAA Road Assistance

Highlighted
Contributor

How many more complaints does USAA need from loyal members to do something about the service Agero is NOT providing?  It is simply not acceptable to continue to reply how "sorry for the inconvenience" USAA is, or "I will escalate to the Road Assistance Services Manager."  Even after calling twice, initiating chats also twice, I remain to hear from USAA. I was left stranded for hours (starting at 0100) with my elderly parents in the long-term  parking lot of the Austin airport waiting for a reply to my call for assistance. No text message back, no call back, and whenever I called:" We will let you know when a provider is on their way." When a subcontractor finally called was to tell me he was still 45 minutes away from the airport.  I had o coice but to move my vehicle to get a place for my parents to rest. Finally at 0640 assisstance was provided. 

When I ask if it is time to move my vehicles for insurance needs to a differnet company and simply pay AAA, no answer from USAA.  Yes, USAA Road Assistance left a 100% Service Connected disabled vet and her elderly parents unassisted for over 5 hours. SiIence from USAA until today despite having been told "Management will be in contact with you."  No effort at all to rectify a situation. 

Member [removed sensitive data]. 

October 18th chat:  " I checked with my supervisor and was advised that the CEO Member Relations Team typically gets back to our members within 24 hours but with it being Friday it will most likely be Monday. I would be more than happy to file the complaint for you if you would like though.."    ... waiting.  

1 REPLY

Highlighted

@DisabledVetasks

It’s disheartening to hear about your roadside experience, and I apologize for the inconvenience.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I’ve escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.