Highlighted
Contributor
I would hope that USAA will follow the lead of Allstate and American Family Insurance companies and provide relief to its many customers bu refunding premiums during this COVID-19 pandemic. A suggestion and my opinion.

Most Helpful
Highlighted

UPDATE:   USAA will be returning $520 million to its members. This payment is a result of data showing members are driving less due to stay-at-home and shelter-in-place guidance across the country. Every member with an auto insurance policy in effect as of March 31, 2020, will receive a 20% credit on two months of premiums in the coming weeks. Members will automatically receive a credit applied to their bill. There is no need to call and no additional action is required. Learn more at https://bit.ly/2RpwxBg

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello @Yack, I hope you and your family are doing well and staying safe during this time. We continue to look at the impacts of the stay at home / shelter in place orders are having on our members and we are working on ways to help.

• In 2019, USAA returned almost $2.4 billion to members in the form of dividends, distributions, Bank Rewards and rebates.
  • We understand that with the stay at home orders in place, people are driving less while also experiencing financial hardship.
  • We are exploring options to continue serving our members well during this difficult time.
  • USAA has several special offers we’re providing our members during their time of need. These special offers include making it easier for members to set up special payment arrangements, temporarily stopping late and returned payment fees as well as stopping non-payment cancellations.

If you have been impacted or would like to review your account for any reason, please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love to discuss more info together about ways we may be able to help you during this stressful time. -Lori 

Highlighted

USAA should follow Allstates' lead and seriously consider a rate reduction on your car insurance policies.  I have two cars sitting at my house for over two weeks and counting that my children normally drive.  With them at home and not driving at all, I am paying a very high rate for my under 25 drivers.  I know USAA likes to say that they might not be the cheapest but they are the best at providing quality insurance products.  However, in the interest of fairness to your members and outstanding customer service; you need to make this happen.  Your members are going to remember how USAA handeled themselves during this time.  Is it really about us or is it about your bottom line and generous executive salaries?  There is alot of competiton our there and even your long term members might take their business somewhere else.  The ball is in your court.  

Highlighted

Hello! We hope you and your family are doing well and safe during this uncertain time.  I know it's a tough time for many of our members as USAA continues to look at the impacts of the stay at home / shelter in place orders are having on our members and we are working on ways to help.

•             In 2019, USAA returned almost $2.4 billion to members in the form of dividends, distributions, Bank Rewards and rebates.

•             We understand that with the stay at home orders in place, people are driving less while also experiencing financial hardship.

•             We are exploring options to continue serving our members well during this difficult time.

•             USAA has several special offers we’re providing our members during their time of need. These special offers include making it easier for members to set up special payment arrangements, temporarily stopping late and returned payment fees as well as stopping non-payment cancellations.

I encourage you to visit http://usaa.com/coronavirus for more information regarding how we are helping our members. Please don't hesitate to reach out via chat or by phone if we can review your account and discuss possible ways we can help make things a bit easier during this time.

Highlighted

I strongly second that...

Highlighted

Hi @SARGENCHARGEwe know it's tough out there right now with the Coronavirus situation affecting many of our members. I invite you to visit http://usaa.com/coronavirus to view more info regarding how we are helping our members. Please contact us via chat or by phone if we can help during this time. We're ready to review your account and discuss options that can help make things less stressful from our end. -Lori

Highlighted

USAA will never do this.  After all, it has to make the money to pay the CEO $5 million/year all while you struggle financially.

Highlighted

I mean if Allstate and Farmers can do it then why not USAA?

Highlighted

USAA does not care.  USAA is NOT the company they once were.

Highlighted

I have had insurance with USAA for over 25 years, and mostly kept them out of conveineince.  I have my motorcycle insurance through Geico.  Today, Geico informed all its policy holders they will be issuing 15% credit to their accounts through October.

That makes, Allstate, Farmers and Geico doing the right thing.

All we get from USAA is a canned response with an empty promise.

How much did their CEO make last year?  How greedy can their corporate leaders be?

There are many of us who have lost their jobs, or have taken a huge pay cut.

USAA should step up and do the right thing.  If you can't do the right thing for veterans, you should stop using us as advertisement fodder.