Highlighted
Contributor
I've been a member of USAA for some time now and as a retired disabled combat veteran I'm quite puzzled. For year I've seen the USAA commercials about how much they can save and provide services for us veterans! I've tried several times to get this great proclaimed service with no luck. I'm a married retired disabled veteran, home owner with an impeccable past, second to none. Even so, USAA can't even come within $400 every six months of what I pay now or even before the last time I compared several years ago and this doesn't count home owners INSURANCE, I feel they are a false company that uses fake individuals as well as politicians to take advantage of misinformed veterans through false and misleading advertising. To me this is incredibly corrupt and shameful, I'm going to do everything in my power to bring this corruption against veterans to light.

8 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Richard58, Sorry to read of your disappointment. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate area for further review. Thank you. ~Danielle

Highlighted
Richard, did USAA get back to you? I’m curious if they cared they are screwing you and us over
Highlighted

Hello @Rejected, We would like the opportunity to review your concerns. To do so, please respond in a Private Message with your name and a phone number and email address listed on your USAA profile. We are here to help, Thank you. ~ Lori C

Highlighted

Yet another example of the "Stuart Parker Effect".  He needs to resign.  USAA is not the company it once was which is a disgrace.

Highlighted
I have been with USAA for 25 yrs and just realized that I am paying more for Home and Auto insurance! We have a credit score of 834 and perfect driving records! This company advertises that they are serving veterans. After to talking with dozens of veterans- they all left USAA. Over priced insurance fees and under paid savings account interest. Go someplace else is what I’m told.
Highlighted

Hi, @Rejected. We definitely would not want any member to feel that way about their membership experience. I am alerting the appropriate area for further review and support of your circumstances. ~ Steven

Highlighted

Shop around.  USAA is no longer competitive on just about anything USAA offers.  I left after 40 years with USAA for a substantial savings.

Highlighted

I moved my investments to Fidelity and my savings to Discover.  I still carry all my insurance with USAA but, admittedy, am looking around.  I was losing several hundred dollars yearly as USAA's savings interest is well below our annual inflation rates.  With Discover I am now making well above the inflation rate, and hence, once again, my savings are growing and actually making money.  At one time USAA was the creme de la creme of banks/insurance companies serving the military.  I fervently hope they can right the ship and regain that title.