A TRUST IS PLANNING ON SENDING A FLORIDA CAR I INHERITED TO ME IN WISCONSIN.  THIS MAY TAKE A MONTH OR TWO.  SHOULD I START INSURANCE WHEN IT'S DELIVERED TO ME, ASSUMING THE TRUST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ENROUTE RISK?

Most Helpful

@GENNRICH- Happy to help. I would confirm what kind of insurance is in place for the shipping. Once you take possession of the vehicle you would want to add it to your personal auto insurance policy. If you plan on storing the vehicle that may be an option too. 

To add or replace a vehicle online, follow these steps:

1. Select My USAA tab.
  2. Under Insurance, select your Auto Insurance Policy.
  3. Select "Add, Replace or Delete a Vehicle".
  4. For just a quote, click “Just get a Quote” on the next page.

To place your vehicle in storage online, follow these steps:

1. Select My USAA tab.
  3. Scroll down to the vehicle details, select "Store a Vehicle". (If you do not see these options online then we are not allowed to offer the savings for storing a vehicle in that sate.)

We can also help with adding this new vehicle over chat at USAA.com>Contact Us>Ask USAA or over the phone at 800-531-8722. ~Shawna

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES

IS TRUST RESPONSIBLE FOR INHERITED CAR BEING SHIPPED TO BENEFICIARY? IT'S IN STORAGE, SO THIS MAY TAKE A MONTH OR TWO.   LOOKS LIKE I SHOULD WAIT UNTIL I RECEIVE THE CAR BEFORE I PUT INSURANCE ON IT. RIGHT?

@GENNRICH- Happy to help. I would confirm what kind of insurance is in place for the shipping. Once you take possession of the vehicle you would want to add it to your personal auto insurance policy. If you plan on storing the vehicle that may be an option too. 

To add or replace a vehicle online, follow these steps:

1. Select My USAA tab.
  3. Select "Add, Replace or Delete a Vehicle".
  4. For just a quote, click “Just get a Quote” on the next page.

To place your vehicle in storage online, follow these steps:

1. Select My USAA tab.
  3. Scroll down to the vehicle details, select "Store a Vehicle". (If you do not see these options online then we are not allowed to offer the savings for storing a vehicle in that sate.)

We can also help with adding this new vehicle over chat at USAA.com>Contact Us>Ask USAA or over the phone at 800-531-8722. ~Shawna

View solution in original post