Contributor

I have been a member for nearly 40 years and the changes in CUSTOMER SERVICE at USAA couldn't be more stark!

Your TV ad says "member john doe" was contacted by USAA before he could even assess the damage... [Does NOT happen this way]

Then it says john had his repairs before his neighbor could even get started... [Does NOT happen this way]

In the REAL [not TV] world... an auto claim where another USAA member backs into my parked car has become the poster child for how NOT to do insurance! I tried via 2 different phone know-nothing-ites to get pictures of the damage uploaded to USAA BUT; I have to use some worthless POS phone app instead of my PC. I MUST use Chrome even though I NEVER use google's spy tool. Then when I DO get to a point of "taking pictures" AGAIN; the app is about as good at its job as the voices on the phone were.

I truely never thought I would hear myself think this BUT; I might need to shop around to see what choices exist for auto insurance because USAA has lost my trust!!

10 REPLIES

Highlighted

@BMMM Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concerns. I have escalated this to a subject matter expert to review further. They will be following up with you in the next 1 to 2 business days.

Highlighted

Yeah, I want the old USAA back, too.

I was happy to pay more for insurance because we got more customer service back.

Now I had to hire an outside appraiser to get actual cash value on a total.

On another accident (I have two sons), I will have to sue USAA to recover, because they decided to use my policy for  claim, instead of my other son's policy.

I ask questions and get no answers. Have to call in and sit on hold for hours, while new people look for loop holes.

Highlighted

I  have been with USAA for over 35 years. I miss the old USAA! They have lost the customer service they had in the past. I feel they are too interested in growth over service. I have called different departments and have been on hold for as long as an hour. That is unacceptable.

Highlighted

I could not agree with you more.  I have told USAA may times that their service is deteroriating and they do not seem to care.   Well guess what, I do not care to do business with them any more.

Highlighted

I couldn't agree more.  I've been with USAA for 56 years.  They used to be exactly what we want.  In thelast 10 years I don't recognize the USAA I call now.  People answering the phone are not trained and can be of no help.  I have asked to speak to amanager and I get nothing.  I made a formal request to speak to a manager and I was told they would call within 72 hours.  Unbelivable.  they never called.  Why am I still with USAA?  I'm not sure.  I want the old USAA back as well.

Thanks

Highlighted

@BG7700, 56 years is a mighty long time.  It is a honor to have you sir as a pillar of the USAA family.  I do apologize if after requesting further assistance from a manager, you never received a callback.  If you could advise briefly what the nature of your concern is, I will personally make sure the appropriate manager is notified. - Ina

Highlighted

I Agree!! USAA used to be a responsive, excellent insurance company. I am so disappointed. I get letters from the cut-rate insurance company whose driver is totally at fault and my USAA agent Jason never answers his phone and doesn't return messages.

Very, Very sad to see this great company fall.

Highlighted

@ longtime member25,

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have when you file a claim with us.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I’ve escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.

Highlighted

I agree.  I have been a member for better than 50 years and the changes have been stark.  Since opening up USAA to about everyone, service seems to have gone downhill considerably.