Horrible experience buying vehicle from a USAA Certified Dealer, Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus (NJ)

Beat_Navy
Contributor

The entire experience I have had with Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus (NJ) has been extremely unfortunate.  We took possession of the vehicle on November 29'th, * and 10 days later, on December 9'th, * the vehicle suffered a major malfunction with the Anti-Lock Brake system that directly endangered the lives of my family.  We returned the vehicle to the service department on December 12'th, * and we still have yet to get the vehicle back.  I do not understand how a vehicle can be labeled as a Certified Pre-Owned and then have such a major safety malfunction occur 10 days and just over * miles later.  I am waiting for this problem to be fixed so that I can conclude business with Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus.  The customer service from the dealership has been extremely poor and I will never purchase a vehicle, new or used, from this location again.  I would recommend that USAA remove Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus from their trusted dealer's list.

1 REPLY

Hello Beat_Navy, Thank you for bringing this situation about the service you received from Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus to our attention. I will be happy to forward your feedback to the appropriate channels for review. SB