Wanda70
Contributor
I would like to know how to contact a manager at USAA. My vehicle was in an accident and repaired, a few days after I got my vehicle back it sounded weird So we called my claims adjuster. She never called back n I kept driving the car as it’s my only means of transportation . Abt one week later I made a stop turned the vehicle off and came back later and it would not start and oil was leaking so contacted USAA and long story short, we were given a rental car by USAA while awaiting the vehicle to be repaired again. We were told if it turns out that the damage that was cause this time was not related to the 1st accident then USAA would not pay for the rental which I understand. Well they have had the veichle for just under a month now and on August 3rd I get a phone call from the rental car place that USAA hasn’t made a payment to the vehicle since July 23!!! They proceeded to debit my account for $206. I again tried to call USAA claims adjuster and again no answer and who by the way never answers or returns calls. I have documented how many times we have called inquiring on the vehicle and either couldn’t get in touch with her and left a msg or spoke to someone else who could only tell me what was currently in the system. I call at 8 a.m. on August 4 and my claims adjuster answered but upon speaking with her and telling her what happened her response was the damage to the vehicle was determined not to be due to accidnet and the rental car contract states if the vehicles damaged is determined to be not due to accident we would have to repay the rental and I told her that understand but you all made that decision 12 days ago and if the rental car company hadn’t called me and
I in turned hadn’t called you I still would not have known of USAA decision abt my car or the rental. Basically she was like okay well we just got the report in yesterday so I just found out as well. I felt at that time that she was not going to assist me so we hung up. I didn’t know that apparently claims adjusters have the final say so and have no one above them that can assist. So at this point I have left 2 msgs, spoken to other USAA reps one this morning who was so rude and nasty I had to look at my phone to see where I had called again because I have NEVER experienced customer service like this from USAA. I did eventually speak to another agent and explained the situation and she
agree that I should not be liable for the rental car as it should not take them 10 days to tell me the rental isn’t covered anymore. I have been with USAA for over 20 years and cannot believe the way I have been treated as prior to this I would have told anyone who would listen how great an insurance agency they are, how professional I have always been treated. I am very disappointed with how this whole situation has been handled and I would like to speak to someone that can assist me. Thank you

3 REPLIES

@ Wanda 70,

Thank you for over 20 years of membership.  It's disheartening to hear about your recent claim experience, but please know we take your concerns very seriously.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Thanks ~ Mike 

Mike,
I was contacted by a manager!!!! I just wanted to say thank you for the assistance. My money will be refunded!

Awesome @Wanda70. We're glad we could help get your money back. If you need any assistance in the future, do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to provide assistance in any way that we can.