Goodyear AZ. Car insurance MASSIVE 40% rate hike for no reason. If anyone can provide some info about thiers.

walt123
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone recieved a 40% rate hike for car insurance in Goodyear AZ, without cause? I live in an area with little crime and very few car accidents and i drive very little. My driving record is perfect throughout multiple countries.  This seems like an unjustified price hike and all USAA told me was the standard response companies provide when they don't want to explain. "the rate is based on a variety of factors" and so on. Well low crime, low accident area and a prefect record not sure how that accounts for a 40% increase.

If anyone out there has recieved OR NOT recieved a price hike in this area over the past lets say 6 months please let me know. This doesnt seem to be a legitimate price hike so im just investigating further.

3 REPLIES

@walt123, I can certainly understand the impact the increase in premium can have on a budget. I know that your question is directed towards other USAA members located in Arizona, but wanted to let you know that I have also documented your account. If you'd like to discuss further and see if there are potential options to save money on the premium, please initiate a chat with us by selecting Help at the top of usaa.com, or by calling us at 800-531-USAA (8722). Thank you! ~Danielle

@ wrote:

@, I can certainly understand the impact the increase in premium can have on a budget. I know that your question is directed towards other USAA members located in Arizona, but wanted to let you know that I have also documented your account. If you'd like to discuss further and see if there are potential options to save money on the premium, please initiate a chat with us by selecting Help at the top of usaa.com, or by calling us at 800-531-USAA (8722). Thank you! ~Danielle

I already have the minimums there is nothing to reduce. what i want to know the specific reason for the outragious premium increase especially when there is no cause 

Shop around.  USAA can be beat on every product they offer and you will receive better customer service as well.  USAA has become too expensive and the customer service has gone down the drain under Stuart Parker's leadership.  Almost all of my family members have left USAA for significant savings.