So I financed my car through USAA and have my auto insurance through USAA, the dealership refused to sell me GAP insurance because I didnt finance with them..Im left out in the cold, being loyal to USAA is leaving me exposed..Unable to find a stand-alone policy for GAP insurance...Horrible feeling to know Im not fully covered..

5 REPLIES

@selective96, I'm sorry to hear of this situation. We never want any of our members to feel like this. When you have a moment, I may recommend giving one of our representatives a call at 1-800-531-8722, as certain states may offer additional coverage that may be beneficial to you in this situation.

I've also elevated your feedback to the appropriate team for review. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to us. ~Holland

Thanks, Ill try again :(

I'd bet that the dealer could have beaten USAA's interest rate.  Shop around.  USAA can be beaten on every product they offer.  USAA is not the company it used to be.

I got financing for my car from my local CU.  I didn't know they offered gap insurance because they never told me when I took out the loan.  I purchased it at the dealership I bought the car from.  It was only after the purchase that my CU said I could have purchased it from them.

USAA is a bank.  I'm really surprised they don't offer GAP insurance on cars they finance.  I would never finance a car through  USAA in the off chance, like the OP, the dealership would not sell me a GAP policy if I didn't financed the car through them.

@wallflower01 I'm so sorry to hear of the issues with purchasing your new car! While I am sad to hear that you did not finance with USAA, I'm glad you found the financing you need. With regards to GAP insurance (which we refer to as Total Loss Protection TLP) I regret to inform you that as of September 28, 2018, USAA has discontinued offering additional protection products. Our goal is to ensure we are consistently delivering the highest quality products and services to our members. After identifying opportunities to improve TLP, USAA has ceased offering until further notice. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. - AC