Not Right
Contributor

USAA honors our military personnel with many benefits including family members.  So when I get divorced and my spouse is no longer a military dependant, why does he/she still receive that honored benefit? The spouse is no longer part of the military family, they should no longer be qualified to be a USAA member.

I know an individual who was married/divorced twice my two different military officers, and has two different children by each officer. Still qualities to have USAA benefits and bonus checks once a year for marring /divorcing two officers.

I am military, I've served my country, for almost 20 years. 5 tours in the middle east in combat, 2 tours in Panama during the riots, one tour in Bosnia.  I don't receive bonus checks because I'm enlisted.  I just don't think its right that an ex spouse who has never served married/divorced two different officers and receives more benefits than I do.

1 REPLY

We understand your concern about distribution eligibility and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, @Not Right. Your feedback is important to us and has been escalated to the appropriate area for further review. A member of our team will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. -Vanessa