USAA was once a great company. There are many evaluations that start with this perspective. I've been buying vehicles and dealing with banks since 1975. My experience 2 weeks ago with USAA and True Car has told me never to use that buying service again.
- I followed USAA guidelines & instructions for using their contractor TRUECAR
- I contacted True Car with the specifics of my new car purchase - the most expensive car I have ever sought
- True Car only referred 2 dealers to me
- One could not speak English - I do not know what language he was speaking
- Both dealers only wanted to sell their stock on their lot
- Neither wanted to help me find or order my vehicle
- I had the exact specifications from the manufacturer site
- I had to go to a non network dealer to find my car
- I mistakengly financed through USAA
- I sadly assumed that since I followed USAA instructions - but - their contractor TRUECAR FAILED - that I would still be given the interest rate reduction
- USAA refuses to give me the rate reduction
- Did I mention The USAA Contractor (True Car) failed?
- But USAA still charges me the higher interest rate
- THAT is a great business model!
- USAA Penalizes the customer for the failure of the USAA/True Car product
- Wow - can't wait to finance my next vehicle through USAA...NOT