Dividend

When are we getting our insurance dividends this year?
Please sign-in to reply

17 REPLIES

To be clear it is not a dividend, if it were your long term loyalty to USAA would be rewarded with increasing dividend payments. Instead it is just a rebate on the amount of business you did with them. Which when you think of the massive useless waste of money that they spend advertising on football games like every other insurance company, for what purpose I cannot determine. Is a complete waste of money that should be returned to the members of the organization. Not to pad the pockets to the NCAA and NFL. 

Amen to that! Still, where is it? Normally it’s done by now.

@Smartypants7217, starting today, eligible members will begin to receive communication regarding the dividends. Thanks for reaching out. -Cynthia  

I still have not received anything. What’s taking so long?
I am beginning to think one wasn't authorized for this year.

Hello, @Htaerb. As of Dec. 2, Our Board of Directors are indicating the 2021 distributions were approved. Statements which include amounts & distribution dates began started being sent Dec. 9, to eligible members. It can still be a few days before all eligible members receive theirs. ~ Steven

Is there a way to find out if we are eligible? Always received it on the 10th and haven't heard anything or even received an email. 

Hi, @Thumpernel1978. Statements started being sent Dec. 9, to eligible members, but it might still be throughout next week before all receive theirs. If you have any questions about your particular circumstances, I would recommend connecting with our servicing team at 800-531-8722 for further inquiry. Thank you for reaching out via the USAA Community. We appreciate your membership! ~ Steven

So if we haven’t seen anything yet, are we to assume we’re not “eligible”? I’ve always got one in the past and nothing so far.

As Stephen mentioned, you should receive notice by the end of the upcoming week. If you have not by then, feel free to reach out to us again!

It is now the following week and I still have not heard or received anything from USAA about a dividend for this year. We have had insurance products with you all for a very long time. When should I expect to hear something or receive our dividend?

Hello @Mamabear305, I can see the concern with not hearing anything yet. Please know disbursements will continue processing through the week of 12/20/21 and please continue to review your inbox along with your distribution history on usaa.com and mobile app. We appreciate your long-time membership and our insurance team is also available to help at #800-531-8722 (USAA). -Paula

This is very troubling to read, @TravelDaddy. We wouldn't want any member to feel this way. I would like to engage the appropriate area for further review and support on this. Can you private message us an email address or phone number so we may proceed in so doing? ~ Steven

Hello @Smartypants7217, I hope you and your family are doing well!  We are currently waiting for correspondence from our Board of Directors who will be sending notifications within the next few days. Continue to review your inbox/mailbox for correspondence from USAA regarding 2021 Distributions. -Lori

People still not on there jobs at the top I see..
Sounds about right 🙄

@pearl Master Jay, I'm sorry for any inconvenience. I want to confirm I was able to locate your account and have forwarded your message to the best team. We'll reach out as quickly as possible to discuss more info together. I want to make sure that any concerns you have are addressed properly. -Lori