Aimhigh01
Contributor
Recently my daughter was involved in a car accident. The date was 21 Mar 2019. Today, I had to contact the total loss office because I did not receive a return call regarding the settlement offer for my daughters’ car. The customer service rep whose name I cannot remember, did everything but assist me with my questions and the issues that I brought up to him and he was completely unhelpful and raised his voice at me when I asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me that he would have to submit my request and someone would get back with me in a few days.  He continuously told me I couldn't prove my claim that the car was what I said it was unless I provided a window sticker from when the car was new and that there was no one above him that I could speak to. He said, "There is no one above me and trying to jump over people isn't going to make anyone want to help you." He refused to transfer me or allow me to speak to anyone else all while continuing to belittle me.  It got to the point where I became so frustrated and distraught that I hung up the phone while he was speaking and then attempted to contact the claim rep for assistance. I'd like the chance to file a formal complaint against this employee for harassing me throughout my call, when all I asked for was to speak to a supervisor. Telling me you can't help me and then refusing to transfer me to someone who can, even if it was just to take down a complaint I had, was completely uncalled for and unprofessional. I've been a member with USAA for well over 20 years and I've never been spoken to the way this employee spoke to me. 

Gary D Stillman

[removed sensitive data]

478-335-2861

Tags (1)

3 REPLIES

While we understand your frustration, we ask that you refrain from additional posts about your situation. As this is seen as “bumping” content—that is to say, posts that serves to repeat existing issues and bring them to the top of the community forum. Future posts regarding the same issue will not receive a response and are subject to removal from Member Community. While it is our intention to never ban individuals from our page, if a violation of our guidelines is clear, we will remove the content and block the individual. Thank you for your time ~Mike

Nothing about USAA is going to change.  You are going to continually receive bad customer service.  Best to leave USAA after you settle your claim.  You will save money and recieve better customer service.  USAA willl never change until Stuart Parker resigns.

we were in a no fault accident the 13th march, to this day we hav gotten no resolution and never once has our adjuster called us back. this company is not what it used to be