ribeira1
Contributor

I got a rock ding in my window that turned into a crack. I called to see about getting it replaced. I have never had a insurance claim not even for a windshield so I wasn't sure of the procedure. Mind you I have been driving for 23 years with not one claim. When I called and spoke to USAA they said nothing about paying a deductible on the phone. Instead they transfere me to Safelite. After speaking with Safelite and them telling me ot was going to cost $1000 i declined and told them that I did not want to file a claim. So instead of not filing it and closing out my call they have it still sitting open on my insurance account. I called telling them that I did not open the claim they said they needed proof that the windshiel had been replaced before they close it. When in fact it should not have been opened. I didn't realize calling to get info would open a unwanted insurance claim. This needs to be fixed. ASAP 

1 REPLY

@ribeira1,

We certainly do not want you to feel disappointed with our service, and I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I've escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.   Thanks~Mike