Change in Insurance to Garrison 67% increase

On reviewing my latest car insurance bill; I noticed that my monthly premium has been increased by 67%.

Prior to the "change" to Garrison Insurance ( a USAA affiliate ? ), my monthy premium was around $80 and now it is around $133. This premium on a 2008 vehicle that I drive less than 5000 milews per year.

After nearly one hour on the phone and requesting to speak to a supervisor ( Raoul ) I was told that this was because of a change in status; (which was not clearly explained), and that there waas nothing that could be done.

As a USAA member for over 20 years with zero claims and a 830+ credit score I am amazed and extremely dissapointed to be treated so shabbily. I will be shopping for an alternative company to service my car insurance needs ASAP.

Please sign-in to reply

3 REPLIES

Not surprised by this. I had a similar issue when I attempted a homeowners claim. Haven't had a home claim in >20yrs yet they gave me horrible customer service and fought back at every inspection to deny the claim. Thanks for nothing USAA. Glad to see loyalty is rewarded. 

Smart move.  Shop around.  USAA can be beaten on every thing they offer.  What has been intentionally done to USAA is a disgrace.

Hello @Annoyedafter20years, this is difficult to read from a member of over 20 years. Please know your concerns are taken seriously and I'm engaging the appropriate area to address them. -Paula