Highlighted
Contributor
In 2016 I used usaa car buying site through true car and was able to research cars without a hassle. Now, if you want to look up cars you have to give up your email and phone and you get bombarded by car dealers. Why is it like this. I would like to do my research without being buried by car dealers constant calls. This needs to change

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Cuba libre, we appreciate this feedback and will certainly ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements to the car buying service.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Highlighted

Another non-answer answer!

Highlighted

I work at a dealership so let me explain to you how Truecar works.  USAA & various employers have "buying service" which turns out to be Truecar.   Dealers sign up with Truecar and are then provided with your information aka "leads".   There's no cot to you because Truecar automatically chrges the dealer if you purchase a car.  In reality, if you did not use Truecar, you could get a better deal becasue the dealer is charged on average $350/$400 for your information & resulting sale.

Dealers actually HATE Truecar because if you contact the dealer and get a quote and THEN go thru Truecar, the dealer still has to pay that fee to Truecar.  All of these buying sources promise the best price but you are paying for it thru a higher quote the dealer has to provide to offset the Truecar fee.  A good deal is a state of mind.  If you're happy with the deal and feel it's fair, then quit wasting your time and the dealer's time to "save" $100 or $200.  Is that rally going to break you???  Isn't your personal time an energy worth it???  Afterall, rebates, incentives, and interets rates change every month.  Make your purchae and move on with life. 

@ wrote:

I work at a dealership so let me explain to you how Truecar works.  USAA & various employers have "buying service" which turns out to be Truecar.   Dealers sign up with Truecar and are then provided with your information aka "leads".   There's no cot to you because Truecar automatically chrges the dealer if you purchase a car.  In reality, if you did not use Truecar, you could get a better deal becasue the dealer is charged on average $350/$400 for your information & resulting sale.

Dealers actually HATE Truecar because if you contact the dealer and get a quote and THEN go thru Truecar, the dealer still has to pay that fee to Truecar.  All of these buying sources promise the best price but you are paying for it thru a higher quote the dealer has to provide to offset the Truecar fee.  A good deal is a state of mind.  If you're happy with the deal and feel it's fair, then quit wasting your time and the dealer's time to "save" $100 or $200.  Is that rally going to break you???  Isn't your personal time an energy worth it???  Afterall, rebates, incentives, and interets rates change every month.  Make your purchae and move on with life. 

Ah, spoken like a vetern car dealer! Unfortunately not all dealers will offer their 'best' price. In recent negotiations, I was set to pay one price for a nw car then, out of curiosity, clicked on trueCar and was granted another $2,600 off the car price( all the salesman had to say was ahhhhh.....ok). Now I know it's not much, but I found it well worth my 15 minutes of poking around on the web. If all dealers offered their products for reasonable "no-haggle" prices in the first place, most of us would be glad not to go to services that charge the poor dealer a couple hundred bucks to bring in customers.

Highlighted

@pbLarry, Thank you for sharing of your experience with our Car Buying Service through TrueCar. Have an enjoyable Thanksgiving! ~ Lori C.