Carver
Contributor

Has anyone had experience with the on line car dealership "Vroom"?  Good (hopefully), or bad? 

5 REPLIES

I was going to use it but when I went to look at the vehicle it was actually cheaper than what USAA quoted me. I wouldn't bother and simply negotiate with the dealer, you'll have more that way. I saved $2K by NOT using this service.

Don't do it!!! Worst experience ever!  Scam, false advertising, and reluctant to return money if you want to back out.

Oh gosh @jones197, that is not how we want our members to feel. I was able to locate your profile and will share your concerns with the appropriate area for review. Once reviewed they may contact you. Thank you. -Emily

Oh gosh...this IS the experience your members are having, with increasing frequency, with EVERY service offered by USAA.

I Can't wait to post your logo on Facebook, stating "Not a member anymore".

1) Insurance rates are lower with every other insurance company.

2) Mortgage process is better with every other mortgage company.

3) The home buying service is most painful thing we ever experienced. After 4 agents, we realized USAA was the common denominator, and found local agent.

4) Banking is better with local banks. Opened account today, will have card tomorrow. Free checking and online banking, same as USAA, but far better features.

5) Investments / financial planning better elsewhere. The IRA I was put into by USAA is totally wrong for my age.

6) They won't make right on mistakes, like suddenly paying bills late and blaming account holder "for not allowing enough processing time".

7) Fraudulent charges are occurring with increasing frequency. My wife had two new cards in last couple months. According to USAA, her account was compromised from paying for gas at the pump.

8) Credit card rates and deals are better everywhere else.

9) Dealership interest rate is nearly half what USAA quoted.

Never tried car buying service, but interest rate from dealership nearly half what USAA quoted.

Consider...And do some checking for yourself

1) Insurance rates are lower with every other insurance company.

2) Mortgage process is better with every other mortgage company.

3) The home buying service is most painful thing we ever experienced. After 4 agents, we realized USAA was the common denominator, and found local agent.

4) Banking is better with local banks. Opened account today, will have card tomorrow. Free checking and online banking, same as USAA, but far better features.

5) Investments / financial planning better elsewhere. The IRA I was put into by USAA is totally wrong for my age.

6) They won't make right on mistakes, like suddenly paying bills late and blaming account holder "for not allowing enough processing time".

7) Fraudulent charges are occurring with increasing frequency. My wife had two new cards in last couple months. According to USAA, her account was compromised from paying for gas at the pump.

8) Credit card rates and deals are better everywhere else.

9) Dealership interest rate is nearly half what USAA quoted.

Run... Do Not Walk from USAA, as I am in process of doing