RadiologySGT
Contributor

CRA is a great product, just in serious need of improvements to practices and processes involving payment.

A deer ran out and I swurved into a tree 3 months ago (vehicle deemed total loss). Submitting my claim and getting a rental was overall a very smooth process. The issue I am facing is that USAA directly paid the lender my Car Replacement Assistance of over $2,800 which I assumed would be available for a downpayment since my GAP is covering any leftover debt. I carry GAP insurance and they were only on the hook for the remaining "GAP" of $98.00.  Why on God's green Earth would I pay over $500 over the past 10 yrs to carry extra insurance to protect the lienholder? USAA said they were obligated to pay the lienholder the entire payment, even though I provided proof of a current GAP policy that I paid $646.00 for when I purchased the car 4 months ago.  I spoke with the Insurance Bureau Superintendent in my state, and they confirmed USAA is indeed NOT OBLIGATED to pay Car Replacement Insurance to the bank, only reimbursement for Collision and Comprehensive as required. CRA is misleading and should not be used as Lender Placed Insurance. In my case, the lender made out like a bandit by transferring all risk to USAA,  and leaving me the consumer without a downpayment for a "replacement," and short over $500 in needless premiums. 

Most Helpful

It has been four days since I posted to this community, and have yet to receive a reply from USAA Social Service. I noticed all other posts are replied to within 24hrs and I would like to know what USAA's policy is on reply time. Also, when I added my post I was sure to include 8 # tags. When I logged in just now they seem to have disappeared. Anyone else have this issue?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES

It has been four days since I posted to this community, and have yet to receive a reply from USAA Social Service. I noticed all other posts are replied to within 24hrs and I would like to know what USAA's policy is on reply time. Also, when I added my post I was sure to include 8 # tags. When I logged in just now they seem to have disappeared. Anyone else have this issue?

View solution in original post

How did this all play out?