ChiefG
Contributor

The car buying service says to enter your information and you will see the prices of the cars offered to USAA members.  I entered the information and the screen did not disclose the price of the vehicles, instead it said I would be contacted by a dealer or dealers.  Boy is that the truth.  There are two Acura dealers in my area.  If you look a the number of texts, emails, and phone calls I have received from them, they must be family now.  I speak to these guys so much, I feel like I need to send them a birthday card and presents to their kid's birthdays.

Come on USAA, you are a professional military affiliated organization I have a lot of respect for but this experience is no better than the used car salesman I warn others about.  If True car and the Dealers refuse to disclose the prices on the website, break ties with them and go else where.

FCC(SW) USN Retired

12 REPLIES

Hello @ChiefG, I removed your name, city and state from your post as it is public. I also very much appreciate your feedback you provided and will be forwarding it for review. If you could tell me how many emails, texts and phone calls you received I think that data is important to include. if you can find the time. Thank you ~ Suzy

Exactly!  USAA changed from the old process so now we are inundated by calls and emails if we browse.  I actually received a call from one VW dealer while test driving one of that dealer’s cars.  I only went into the USAA pager to look at prices for a car my son and his wife were considering. 

I am experiencing the same lying modus operandi of these dealers. The first one quoted a low price, so I went there to finalize the numbers, had a trade in and was asking for a quote. It took them 2 1/2 hours! I was pretty much detained in the dealer God knows Why -- is it because I was a woman and they could manipulate me with the price?? In the end I walked away, exasperated, because the original 43K quote became 50K -- with add ons I did not agree to. What a waste of time.  I wanted the quick and easy down to right honest quote like before. Pls USAA -- do not expose us to these dealers who would play games on us. We are ready to purchase, but today's bad experience threw me off.

@Ligtningwings, This is certainly not the experience we want for you and I will have this concern looked into for you. If you have additional information about the dealership that you visited please send us a private message so that we can research further. To send a private message, please select your profile name at the top right of the screen and select "My Settings". From there at the top of your screen go to "Private Messenger" and "Turn on Private Messages". After this you can select your name again from the top right of the screen and select the envelope icon to view and send your own private messages. Thank you ~Michelle 

i had a similar experience. Not to mention, a number of dealerships offer a usaa price, then when you show up to the dealership a bunch of fees materialize out of thin air to negate the usaa 'discount', or the discount isnt honored at all. 

@unini Thank you for the feedback as well. Also. if you have additional information about the dealership that you visited that added additional fees please send us a private message with the dealership, name, location and phone number so that we can research further. To send a private message, please select your profile name at the top right of the screen and select "My Settings". From there at the top of your screen go to "Private Messenger" and "Turn on Private Messages". After this you can select your name again from the top right of the screen and select the envelope icon to view and send your own private messages. Thank you ~Michelle

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago.  Sales agent agreed to the TrueCar/USAA price.  When I go into the financial managers office, they gave me all the paperwork with full MRSP.  When asked about my USAA/Truecar price (and showed him emails from the sales agent), they basically said that they can't sell it for that price and make money.  It took me about 3 hours to negotiate the price down to something reasonably close (with a lot of that time with me trying to get the keys back to my trade in). So while no fault of USAA, it put me off thier buying service because even their listed dealers don't honor it.

I’ve been with USAA got over 30 years and if you do not Have perfect credit you will not get any type of approval for any type of emergency that may arise, I hate to cancel my account but, it’s not worth putting your money into a bank that will never be there when you need them.

Hello Angry64 I regret to hear you feel this way and we do have many different loan options for our members. If you have a need for a loan and are unsure what would be the best option for you please send us a private message so we can help go over all the loan options we have. - Ralph