Car Buying Service & USAA Bank Loan Rate reduction

Gingerman2U
Contributor

I purchased a car a few  weeks ago on July-22- 2015 thru USAA Car buying service and went to the USAA approved dealer with my true car certificate in hand. The dealer honored the true car price listed on the certificate for the in stock vehicle i had picked out on their website., I had arranged financing thru USAA Bank and was under the assumption that the interest rate would be lowered by using the car buying service and the true car certificate i printed off the usaa website prior to going to the dealership. This has not been the case . There has been no reduction in my interest rate yet USAA  advertizes that you can get a lower interest rate by using the car buying service and financing thru USAA Bank. I feel deceived by my recent car purchase.  In the past I have always had good experiences in my dealings with USAA. 

3 REPLIES

Below is the current offer (Jun-Sep).  

When you intially applied for the loan, did you indicate you were buying the vehicle through this program.  If so, it may be the interest rate they provided you was the discounted one (subject to you meeting the conditions of the offer).  It would have been better to question the rate before signing your loan papers.  

Have you contacted USAA and ask about it?. 

Capture.JPG

Subject to credit and collateral approval. Advertised rate is our lowest Annual Percentage Rate (APR), is effective 06/01/2015 and includes a discount for automatic payments and for using the Car Buying Service. Rates subject to change without notice. To qualify for the lowest loan rates you must have excellent credit. The as low as rate applies to vehicle model years 2014 and newer. A 36-month loan with a 0.74% fixed APR would have monthly payments of $28.10 per thousand dollars borrowed. It is anticipated that of approved applicants, 22% or more will qualify for the lowest APRs. New vehicle loan rates with the automatic payment and Car Buying Service discounts currently range from 0.74% to 16.99% APR, depending on credit history, loan term and loan amount. If you use the Car Buying Service the discounted offer is good from 06/01/2015 to 09/30/2015. To qualify for discount offer, you must use the USAA Car Buying Service and fund the purchase of a vehicle from a USAA certified dealer listed on your savings certificate with a USAA Federal Savings Bank auto loan by 09/30/2015. The savings certificate must be generated no more than 90 days prior to your loan being funded. Your loan will originally be set up without the rate discount. After your loan agreement is signed and your vehicle purchase is complete, we will confirm that you qualify for the discount, apply the discount to your loan. Discount for new vehicles is 0.75% off for 36-60 month term and 0.50% off for 72 month terms and used vehicles is 0.50% off of the approved interest rate for 36-72 month terms. Please allow three to five business days for processing. Please refer to usaa.com/autoloanoffer to learn more about the discount offer and to check for dealers.

Gingerman2U,

I have sent your comments over to someone who will be able to further assist you. Thank you for posting in the community.

Gingerman2u,

This is very unfortunate.  I wish I had posted my experience with my dealer a few weeks ago.  I was about to mistakenly use the USAA car buying service.  The dealer I purchased my truck from actually advised me against using the service due to the many complaints they received about USAA from previous customers.  They ended up marking the vehicle down BELOW the USAA price and provided me with 0% financing for 60 months.  When I asked why they were doing this for me, they said they always try and take care of military service-members. 

I can remember another business who used to believe in taking care of the military.