Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I recently called in to explore payment arrangements on my insurance premium, and to avoid any issues with cancellation.  I was advised that I could pay approximately $500 to avoid cancellation, and scheduled a payment later that same day.  Apparently, the amount that was paid was a few dollars short of the correct amount (an error), and the policy canceled. 

There was no notification that the amount paid was an incorrect amount, or any indication of a problem or other contact from USAA.    I only learned of an issue when logging into usaa.com to review account activity some weeks later, and saw a banner advising of a problem with a 'canceled product'.  

In attempting to resolve this matter, I was advised that "I" should have noticed that the amount was incorrect and would cause a problem.  The difference was approximately $25, and could easily have been remedied immediately if I had been advised of any problem in a timely fashion. 

Instead, I am now being asked to pay a significantly higher premium on a 'reissued' policy, AND pay any outstanding amount on the old policy.  After seeking payment relief in the first place, I am extremely upset with the proposed remedy. 

I have been a member for 30+ years, and request escalation of this matter.  I am feeling that USAA does not value my continued membership.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

I want to start off by thanking you for so many years of your loyalty and support. I am very saddened to read about the situation going on with your auto insurance policy. I have located your account and will forward your account with your concerns for review. While I can't provide a specific time, I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response from this area.

Highlighted

To clarify, I do not believe I am covered currently as a result of these challenges.  I never intended to be without coverage, and should have been notified that there was an issue so that action could be taken.