I have recieved my title for my truck. After 30 years with usaa I am cutting ties with usaa . It is no longer the company that it used to be.

4 REPLIES

@Jamule, I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sharing your comments regarding your customer service experience to the appropriate area. - Ben

will you please share my comments with the appropriate areas too? 

"I've been with USAA since 1987.   I started banking with them as soon as they started their bank.  I have loved USAA for YEARS, but I truly HATE all the recent changes they've made.  NOW they announce more changes in the bank and credit card web site and admit all the labels I've used over the years will NOT be integrated into their new system. They say I should download the info and save it somewhere.  WHERE?! I'm not that tech savy.  And I do NOT want my scheduled transactions moved out of my account page with the pending transactions. I use that feature every time I log in to be sure I know what part of my available balance has already been committed and how much of the available balance I can really spend. The system has been so perfect for me that I've boasted about USAA Bank to people for years. Now they have new "security" that causes me to get timed out when I'm in the middle of paying my bills.  I have to login again and everything I've already entered is gone. I have to start from scratch.  I HATE IT.

VERY user-UNfriendly.  I'm looking for a new bank and I'm sad about it.   Why try to fix what isn't broken? 

I also had a very unpleasant experience with a auto insurance adjuster on my last auto claim. He was not up to the ethical standards of USAA staff I've dealt with in the past. WHAT IS GOING ON USAA??

I'm very unhappy with USAA now. No, it is NOT the same company it used to be."

After 14 years, I'm doing the same. They no longer provide the customer service that's expected. Too many careless mistakes and lack of respect by the representatives have pushed me away.

I've been with USAA since 1987.   I started banking with them as soon as they started their bank.  I have loved USAA for YEARS, but I truly HATE all the recent changes they've made.  NOW they announce more changes in the bank and credit card web site and admit all the labels I've used over the years will NOT be integrated into their new system. They say I should download the info and save it somewhere.  WHERE?! I'm not that tech savy.  And I do NOT want my scheduled transactions moved out of my account page with the pending transactions. I use that feature every time I log in to be sure I know what part of my available balance has already been committed and how much of the available balance I can really spend. The system has been so perfect for me that I've boasted about USAA Bank to people for years. Now they have new "security" that causes me to get timed out when I'm in the middle of paying my bills.  I have to login again and everything I've already entered is gone. I have to start from scratch.  I HATE IT.

VERY user-UNfriendly.  I'm looking for a new bank now and I'm sad about it.   Why did USAA try to fix what isn't broken? 

I also had a very unpleasant experience with a auto insurance adjuster on my last auto claim. He was not up to the ethical standards of USAA staff I've dealt with in the past. WHAT IS GOING ON USAA??

I'm very unhappy with USAA now. No, it is NOT the same company it used to be.