Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share some infomation that can help you from making an unwise desicion like I did. Jeep has recently released a new vehicle, Renegade, which is a small SUV with great features and some not so great features.

One of the not so great features is an engine that has a manufacturing defect that causes the oil to leak into the engine which in turn causes the engine to stall.

This happened to me in a very busy intersection in the Washington DC area and I was narrowly avoided by a rather large dump truck. There was no indication of any issue, no oil leak on the ground, nothing! Now for the really good part; as this is a defect during the casting of the engine the only repair option is to replace the engine. So with less than 1500 miles I am having a new engine installed, under warranty of course.

I've contacted the NHTSA and reported this as I do not believe my engine is the only one that has this issue so if you own this vehicle and it is stalling do yourself and family a big favor and have the dealership check it out as this may save yours or your loved ones life.

USAA should do their members a favor and drop this vehicle from their buying services until Jeep can assure everyone this has been resolved at the manufacturing level.

Thanks for reading,

Essayons!!

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Essayons1976, thank you for your feedback regarding our Car Buying Service. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating experience with your vehicle. I'm sharing your comments with our Car Buying Service team for further review. We appreciate your membership and comments. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. -Meredith