Dot & Toto
Contributor

USAA wired my loan money to an auto dealership yesterday. The dealer can’t find the money today but said if I can send them written confirmation from USAA that the money was sent, I can pick up the car today. Simple enough, right? I called USAA and all they were able to do was give me a “tracer” number (actually two because the first one was wrong and I had to call again) that was not recognized by the dealer. I asked for at least a screenshot showing the money was sent and was told there was no screenshot because someone “sent her a note”. Really? Is it 1962? I’m astounded that USAA could send $30K to a 3rd party on my behalf and be utterly unable to send me any kind of confirmation of the transfer. USAA did a good job of reminding me that my first payment on their missing money is due in  November, though. Thanks. I hope the dealer can find it tomorrow. 

1 REPLY

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that the funding for your auto loan was unable to be located by the dealership. I'm unable to effectively addressing this funding concern through our social channel. Please contact our Consumer Lending Originations Department on tomorrow at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 5:00am-12:00 am CT and Saturday 6:00am - 10:00pm CT, or Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you again!