Stubbe
Contributor

I just found out USAA is charging a 1% higher rate for auto loans when purchased from a private seller. I was told this was because USAA was having problems being put on the vehicle title as a lein holder. This seems like a rather punitive way to solve the problem. I guess I will look elsewhere for an auto loan.

3 REPLIES

@Stubbe, Thank you for bringing up this concern. I will be happy to look into this further for you. Could you send us a private message with some additional details on the loan you were looking at, including the terms and the type of vehicle you were looking to finance so that we can research this more thoroughly? To send a private message, please select your profile name at the top right of the screen and select "My Settings".  From there at the top of your screen go to "Private Messenger" and "Turn on Private Messages".  After this you can select your name again from the top right of the screen and select the envelope icon to view and send your own private messages. ~Michelle 

I followed your directions to send a private message and do not see any "private message" button.

@Stubbe, I regret to hear of the difficulty you are having activating the Private message feature. If you are unable to send a private message via the member community, please to start a secure online chat on usaa.com by  selecting  the envelope next to your name on usaa.com and then message USAA. Once you select the reason for contacting us you will be offered the "start chatting with a Representative" link.   ~Michelle