Maryland123
Occasional Contributor

I am becoming very frustrated with USAA and its poor service and lack of proper information sharing. My daughter needed a new car. I searched and found a car and a dealer that was in USAAs preferred dealer listing. My daughter contacted a loan servicer and provided her information. The incompetent representative still has yet to return a phone call or send an email to even inform us as to where they are with the approval.

Well here it is 6 days later still no contact or even an email to say 'excuse me sir but we are still processing the request'. So my daughter had no choice but to go to the dealership and get ripped off on a loan because she did not have the time to sit around waiting for some loser to do their job. I am going to be reconsidering what business I am doing with USAA. It seems that their growth has eclipsed their ability to conduct business efficiently.

Annoyed in MD

3 REPLIES

This is definitely not what we like our members to experience, Maryland123. Please have your daughter contact us directly at 210-531-8722 extension 78612. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. CT and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m CT. - Cathleen

So thank you Cathleen for giving me the number I already had that sent me to your incompetent loan department again. This time when we called my daughter was greeted by a rude loan servicer who should not be working with the public. Unfortunately my daughter did not understand her name and did not ask her to repeat it. However, this woman never took the time to explain the loan process for new buyers.

USAA word of advice, hire representatives that have a personality and don't talk to young kids (yes a growing demographic in USAA's community) as if they have access to all of USAA's loan practices. Student, dependents and young military recruits call you for advice not to be insulted by an angry loser.

Thanks to Greg who did take my call and explained the problems with getting a loan from USAA. If the original representative knew her job and how to interract with the public I would not be writing this review of our experience. Well no thanks to USAA my daughter now has her vehicle financed by the dealership.

Maryland123, We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service to our members and regret this wasn't the case you and your daughter had experienced. I have shared your comments with our team in an effort to improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. - Ben